- Remote - US Only
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Blake Grannell
One of our finance service clients is searching for a User Experience Researcher. The right candidate will have hands-on experience of user experience research, Design Thinking, and a proven track record of successfully consulting and partnering with Digital Product Owners, Designers, and business stakeholders. This will be a contract position, reporting to the Director of User Experience Research.
• Supporting the senior researchers in all phases of assigned projects, from research planning, creation of research materials (e.g. discussion guides), to managing the observation room, taking notes in usability sessions, assisting in workshops, analyzing data, creating video clips and delivering presentations.
• Support all phases of user experience research over varied time periods and across multiple markets/countries.
• On your own projects, you will consult with digital Product Owners and Designers to determine their insight needs, make appropriate recommendations, and craft a research plans that align with their product roadmap, and carry out the end-to-end research.
• 3rd party vendor, project and budget management: Working in a hybrid model, assisting with research that may be undertaken in partnership with a vendor or delivered entirely by a 3rd party, but overseen by you.
• Synthesize learnings across projects, integrating with other functions like Analytics and New Accounts Servicing, and drive socialization of findings. Assist in creation of a centralized insights repository, templates and processes
• Contribute to continuous improvement of UXR practice and research techniques.
• Work within a matrix environment, building strong relationships with your partners across multiple business units, managing and escalating as appropriate to drive projects to a successful conclusion.
• Drive the development and maturity of new but growing team, helping build the foundations of the practice within the department, assisting colleagues as necessary.
• Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Statistics, Social Work, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Interaction Design, Computer/Information Science, or similar; or equivalent practical experience.
• 2-3+ years of UX Research / Digital Interaction experience with consumer facing digital products, websites and mobile experiences.
• Strong Excel, PowerPoint or Keynote, image editing, and video editing skills
• Proven UX Research interest and/or experience
• Experience with Sketch and building prototypes
• Experience in identifying research needs, and matching those needs to generative and evaluative research methods.
• Track record of delivering a regular, rapid program of work to support iterative product development, e.g. usability testing: moderation, screener and test plan creation, debriefing, facilitation, and presentation of results and recommendations – either directly, or in partnership with vendors preferred.
• Ability to synthesize multiple insights to arrive at recommendations that deliver customer-focused outcomes for the organization, and communicate them effectively to Product Owners and Designers.
• Strong communication, presentation, influencing and relationship-building skills.
• Can demonstrate experience adapting to change, and be able to hit the ground running, managing multiple projects to tight deadlines, according to demands on the team.
• Insight gathering through a range of qualitative and quantitative methods and related tools, from usability testing and contextual inquiry; to survey design and remote testing (e.g. with UserZoom or Qualtrics); to focus groups, card sorting, participatory design, and ethnography, etc.
• Experience facilitating workshops on topics such as design thinking, rapid prototyping, and empathy + journey mapping
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Paid Sick Leave for all US and Canada talent
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) with company match
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)