- North Houston, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Crystal Pettibone
We are looking for a Sr. UX Designer to join our Energy industry client's UX Team. Our client's engineers build specialized tools to take on the world’s toughest energy challenges; we are looking for a designer to help this design them.
This is a great opportunity to work in a company that values user experience, and join a corporate community of UX professionals who will challenge you and grow your skillset. If you want to work on challenging scientific and engineering software with highly technical problems, and have strong skills in interaction design and communication.
Job Responsibilities (Day to Day Activities of the Role):
• Work with a broad range of engineers and scientists to help build fast, effective designs.
• Develop paper and electronic prototypes to test your concepts and try many ideas before settling into the right design.
• Ability to be able to shift gears quickly and have a pragmatic sense of design.
• Ability to make complex things simple, but only by deeply understanding the problem.
• Ability to collaborate with a team of non-designers.
• Ability to communicate verbally and visually
• User Research
• Usability Testing
• Electronic and Paper Prototyping
• Interaction Design
• Data Visualization
Desired Skills or Experience:
• 3+ years of experience
• 2+ years of experience in Oil and Gas or other science/engineering domain preferred.
• Experience working with modern desktop
platforms like .NET/WPF is a plus and will make communication with software developers easier.
Education: BS in Computer Science or Equivalent