- West Houston (ONSITE)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Michelle Yelverton
We are seeking a Sr. Graphic Designer for a long term role with one of our valued Fortune 500 clients. Candidates must work onsite in the Energy Corridor.
Work in concert with assigned creative communication teams to provide services with company as well as to produce business communications, consumer advertising and promotional elements. Provide input on creative work plans and develop targeted, effective and original design direction. Meet with internal and external clients and vendors as well as department team members to ensure that design and communication goals are met and that costs are closely monitored. Guide and direct artists on the execution of production art to ensure that the design integrity and message are carried through every phase of a project and corporate style guides are adhered to. Participate in development of strategies for image and promotional campaigns.
- Work with the Creative Services Manager, Strategic Communications Developer and Project Managers to develop creative strategy and design direction for assigned projects. As part of a creative communications team, meet with clients to understand project goals and budget parameters. Once creative work plan is in place and creative direction established, use in-depth and wide degree artistic design abilities to translate elements into original/effective design. Review design recommendations with Creative Communications team. Assist in presentation of design recommendations and rational to clients.
- Use specialized, in-depth design talent to oversee design, analysis and utilization of computer technology in the development and production of digital graphic communications projects. Utilize specialized, expert knowledge of desktop publishing to incorporate desktop publishing concepts and software knowledge in the execution of final design from concept to finished digital media. Ensure digital assets are prepared in a manner that facilitates efficient project completion.
- Give advice and creative direction on concept development, design and production art done by the designers. Ensure that corporate graphic standards are adhered to.
- Maintain contacts for expedient access to a strong variety of photographic and graphic resources. Take leading role in selection process for proper vendors and final photographs/illustrations to be included in communication projects. Obtain and manage usage rights to photography, video and illustration.
- Research and incorporate current and emerging graphic/design industry trends. Help keep department apprised of same. Keep abreast of all available technical resources and developing software. Attend continuing education and seminars as needed and provide instruction/updates for group. Make recommendations for educational opportunities that would be value to art staff.
- Secure, organize and protect digital assts through performance of timely data backup. Archive and manage digital assets to ensure future timely retrieval.
Associate’s Degree (plus” other”or…).
College Degree (Bachelors Level).
The minimum number of years of job related experience required by this job is: 7+ years.
List any specialized training or unique skills required:
Bachelors degree in graphic arts discipline or Associate‘s degree/ Trade/ Technical School with 5 years experience or 7-10 years experience if no degree accepted.
Must possess extensive knowledge of computer graphics software.
Exceptional design and layout skills required.
Must possess strong communication skills and be able to work in a team environment.