- Baltimore, MD
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Jessica Grenier
Athetic Apparel company based in Baltimore is looking for a Creative Project Manager responsible for campaign/project management, planning, implementation, execution, and efficient completion of Channel specific (Retail, Ecomm, CPL) Creative initiatives/projects assigned – on Brand, on Time, on Budget.
The Project Manager must have expertise in advertising, design and/or communications; as well as marketing practices and procedures.
This person must display the ability to drive brand equity through operational efficiencies. This person must bring extensive project management experience developing & managing efficient creative processes.
This position requires a dynamic individual who is a self-starter, action-focused, pragmatic, diplomatic leader and communicator. Familiarity with global brands is a plus and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Channel Specific Projects from Final Brief through to execution
- Manage Omni Channel business initiatives, starting with the planning and implementation of brand briefs.
- Review and process campaign briefs, serve as checks and balances system to ensure briefs meet requirements (e.g. clear business objectives, budget, list of all required creative support, guidance on regional variance).
- Ensure cross functional teams are aligned to campaign deliverables and utilize their skills to streamline creative development timelines.
- Facilitate Brand Management Lead review and approval of category briefs to ensure they align with brand POV and DNA.
- Drive creative development and execution by managing dates and gates
- Own campaign management integration and communication with cross functional project teams.
- Manage external and internal agencies / creative partners
- Manage project-based agency relationships (internal & external partners) including, schedule management, approvals, research and analysis of agency performance, and partners with Procurement on cost
- Facilitate creative content review process for category marketing initiatives
- Conduct weekly meetings to ensure alignment on creative content throughout the creative development and go to market process
- Partner with cross functional teams to ensure category team feedback is integrated into production of creative content.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress to all project stakeholders, including Category GMs & Marketing Leadership.
- Improve campaign execution process
- Analyze campaign workflow and drive improvements through scalable, efficient new processes to optimize resources at all times
- Prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis for Global Marketing in order to provide visibility into business performance and potential issues
- Proven experience leading high visibility projects.
- Collaborative, solutions focused, organized, true to deadlines, helpful in attitude, and resilient in the face of ever-changing client demands.
- Build, manage and maintain healthy internal partner & client relationships.
- Responsive and efficient - ability to organize and manage multiple projects to meet quality/brand standards & deadlines; be flexible but assertive.
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- GET IT DONE – ACCOUNTABILITY Takes responsibility and ownership for own tasks, decisions, and outcomes. Delivers consistent results and hits deadlines within the scope of own role. Continuously generates new ideas, strategy, and solutions – weighing options and taking risks.
- FIND A BETTER WAY – CREATIVITY & INNOVATION Demonstrates curiosity by asking questions about current practices and suggesting potential changes. Generates new ideas in team settings. Encourage teammates to share, build on, and challenge new ideas or solutions.
- WIN TOGETHER – COLLABORATION Acknowledges own role and how it contributes to the common goals of the team. Builds trusting relationships with Teammates and works with others in alignment with team goals. Build working relationships in a matrix organization in order to integrate individual perspectives.
- THINK GLOBALLY – GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE Demonstrates understanding of local cultural practices. Displays interest in and appreciation for global perspectives. May apply cultural understanding to support other Teammates in global business interactions.
- MAP THE FUTURE – STRATEGIC VISIONING Applies understanding of internal and external challenges to contribute to the team’s vision for the future. Ask questions to confirm how team priorities support UA’s overall vision. Recognize the potential impact of internal and external challenges on future state of the business unit, and develops action plans to meet these challenges.
- BUILD A GREAT TEAM – BUILDING TALENT Seeks opportunities to develop self and other Teammates.
- MAKE THE RIGHT CALL – INTEGRITY AND ETHICS Acts in alignment with UA values and principles, encouraging other Teammates to do the same.
Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, and training employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelors or master’s degree and/or 5+ years of creative management and/or account marketing experience within an agency or brand or category marketing organization.
- Direct work experience within a creative & project management capacity.
- Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
- Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- PMP certification – nice to have
- MS Office; Microsoft Excel & Project
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite applications
- Familiarity with Workfront Project Management software or similar – nice to have