- REMOTE - working central hours
- Job Terms:
- $65-95/hour DOE + benefits
- Start date:
- 3 weeks from offer
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a Content Strategist who can work on central time zone. You will be tasked with cleaning up this enterprise .com website and making it more universally organized.This is for a 12-month contract. This role is 100% remote but requires very specific experience with:
- Organizing and indexing content
- Content hierarchy
- Information architecture
- Organizing information and cleaning up search engine work
- Working with metadata to guide organization & information clean-up
Portfolio: wants to see samples, like to see actual work around search work in their past. interactive workflows. Samples should speak to their design approach, information architecture. cares more about that. Content audits specific to search.
Technology: Jira (to navigate), Drupal, Design thinking background. Sketch, Invision is a plus.
What you will be doing: cleaning up searches within the site, the pages are owned by a lot of independent content owners. A CMS migration has left lots of pages that aren't accessible to users. This is a HUGE enterprise project that will require a strategic approach and someone who understands the big picture, but can also write microcopy.
Need a Content Strategist on the Digital Services User Experience Design team that will help our clients find the information and services they need through improved discoverability. A key member of a small team that evaluates and updates/creates the metadata for a large number of web pages in Client Center S.com (includes title, keywords and description).
- Specifically, this content strategist will be a key member of a small team that evaluates and updates/creates the metadata for a large number of web pages in Client Center S.com (includes title, keywords and description).
Content Strategist ~ What you’ll do:
- Consider content from a holistic standpoint—systems, platforms, and channels—to create a unified user experience
- Demonstrate that mix of strategic vision and tactical focus that delivers a great content strategy * Seek out and use data and customer insights to inform content recommendations
- Collaborate effectively with interaction designers, visual designers, user researchers, product managers, engineers, and legal, risk, and compliance and subject matter experts as needed
- Transform poorly organized pages into rich, easily discoverable pages through improved metadata.
- Persuasively communicate content plans to UX partners and key stakeholders
- Iterate on content with a goal of continuous improvement
- Create copy that helps people in the moment, and resonates with our brand voice
Content Strategist requirements:
- 10+ years as a content strategist with experience in financial services, technology, or digital consulting
- 3+ years as a strong user interface writer and/or content strategist
- To succeed at Schwab, Content Strategist candidates must have significant experience with user-centered design. They should know how to gather and integrate data and user feedback throughout the discovery, design, and post-launch cycles.
- We want someone who can create multistep, interactive experiences. We typically design task-oriented experiences, such as buying or selling securities, transferring money, opening a new account, checking a routing number, or filling out forms. Throughout these experiences, users are entering information, selecting options, and making decisions. We want to see examples of this type of work in a Content Strategist’s portfolio. 3. Financial services experience is a plus. It’s not a requirement. Working at a big financial institution like Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Chase, E*Trade, or Fidelity is a good sign that a candidate will understand our business. With that said, we understand the value of new perspectives and welcome candidates with little or no financial services experience.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, presentation, and cross-functional negotiation skills
- Ability to advocate for user experience and content strategy and facilitate alignment on content solutions with various partners (e.g., product, engineering, marketing, legal, risk, and compliance)
- Portfolio with key content strategy deliverables (e.g., screenshots of interactive flows, copy decks for interactive design experiences, content inventory and audit, competitive analysis, content strategy deck, content type mapping, brand voice and tone) *
- Positive and proactive approach to addressing a project’s unique needs and challenges
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite and, ideally, familiarity with one or more design tools, such as Adobe InDesign, Sketch, InVision, and Axure
- Preferred skills: leadership of UX cross-functional teams, knowledge of accessibility, working in an Agile environment, and comfort with content workflow processes and delivery tools Additional Information 1. The candidate should have at least 3 years of experience with the title Content Strategist, Product Content Strategist, Content Designer, or UX Writer: Our Content Strategists promote a highly collaborative and inherently iterative approach so we design the right thing, design things right, and design something that works (i.e., something that can be developed and deployed in multiple environments, including mobile).
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!