- New Jersey, NJ
- Job Terms:
This client is seeking a UX Research contractor to support the Customer Marketplace Insights (CMI) team in how we support the 5G Disruption team within the Corporate Strategy/New Business Incubation organization. You’ll be helping create a pipeline of net-new business powered by 5G/MEC. You will help drive transformation and innovation by contributing insights and research outcomes that translate directly into business and product impacts and help our client become a leading, customer-centric technology company.
As a User Experience (UX) Researcher, you will be a core member of the team focused on particular workstreams/product ideas. You will collaborate with the Principal UX Researcher: 5G and other UX researchers to conduct the appropriate insights work to reveal consumer needs and expectations from defining new experiences to delivering solutions that satisfy and delight our customers.
- Execute research activities (e.g. qualitative interviews, B2B ethnography, journey mapping, concept testing, etc.) to uncover experience and product development insights
- Develop screening criteria, discussion guides, and activities for each stage of insight
- Prep for workshops and deep dives, moderate sessions, and provide other research support as needed
- Formulate first level syntheses and insights and build compelling stories
- Mine syndicated and secondary research and data sources to add to our custom work
- Manage recruiting and facilities firms, as well as remote testing panels and partners
- Manage the participant experience to ensure they are comfortable, maintain confidentiality, and handle note-taking and video responsibilities amongst the core team
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of related work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with user research methods (usability testing, user interviews, remote studies, etc.)
- Experience defining and planning the approach and methodologies in context of project scope and timeline.
- Experience managing the recruitment process with vendors and managing the day-to-day quality of the lab.
- Experience with secondary data, trends, and learnings.
- Experience moderating and planning ethnographies, one-on-one’s, panels and remote testing environments.
- Experience creating discussion guides.
- Experience with qualitative generative research, evaluative methodologies, and usability from concept formation through launch.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Bachelors or Masters in Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, Sociology, or a related field.
- Experience with B2B or business-facing research.
- Experience developing screening criteria to identify the right business segment respondents (ITDM, BDM etc.)
- Detail-oriented approach and the ability to work fairly independently on a variety of well-defined tasks.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience providing insights to inform digital engagement (e.g., website, apps, api’s).
- Ability to ensure the right technology and tools are in-place to provide a positive lab experience for consumer participants and viewers.
- Experience bringing insights to life through a narrative that clarifies the needs and desires of consumers and how those insights can be integrated into the designed experience.
- Experience crafting discussion guides and appropriate tools and exercises to reveal consumer needs and desires in close partnership with Experience Design, Management and Business Partners.
- Partner, vendor, and resource management experience.