- Austin or Westlake, Texas
- Job Terms:
- $55-61/hour W2 (DOE) + benefits
- Start date:
- 3 weeks from offer
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking a Product Owner / Manager (Hybrid) in either Austin, Texas OR Westlake, Texas - Dallas Fort Worth. This is a mid-level role, looking for 3-5 years of Product Owner / Product Management experience. 12 month contract with potential to extend.
Product Owner vs Product manager? Product managers on this team wear both hats ~ they do product vision, roadmapping, and work w/ scrum teams. You will own the specific application and the maintenance of the application as well.
Soft Skills: cross-functional team work w/ other teams. working closely w/ technical - discussions w/ legal & compliance as well. Important aspects of the role: ability to navigate and work with various types of roles/teams, understand some of the business & technical decisions they will need help with. Translating needs into discussions w/ legal & compliance. Communicating w/ stakeholders. This work is very specific digital workflow for account access management, however our piece can have a lot of different impacts. Translating discussions across multiple stakeholders.
You will be accountable for discovering and defining the requirements of a digital experience that provides clients a convenient way to manage and edit third party access to their accounts. • You will lead the generation of new ideas based on prioritized business needs and interactions with stakeholders, clients, and prospects. • You will champion Agile methodologies in daily stand-up meetings, sprint planning sessions, backlog prioritization, user story preparation and demos. • You will work cross-functionally with technical, design, business, legal, and compliance counterparts to define product release requirements and investigate production issues as they arise. • You will generate stakeholder engagement while maintaining leadership awareness.
Product Owner / Manager (Hyrbid) Required Skills
• Ability to synthesize and articulate a plan representing multiple stakeholder perspectives. • Tactical ability to translate vision and high level requirements into a concise and actionable plan. • Expert listening skills with the demonstrated ability to understand and refine the business intent behind stated requirements. • Strong knowledge base and experience developing or managing digital experiences, coupled with knowledge of the underlying technology, both current and emerging. • Ability to influence and build strong relationships across multiple levels of the organization • Highly developed communication and presentations skills with a superior ability to effectively communicate and present complex concepts and issues to leadership teams. • Skilled at working cross-functionally with technology, service, marketing and product teams to design, develop and launch a complex digital experience. • Prior experience as an Agile Product Owner or leading scrum teams is required, with a deep understanding of agile. • Curiosity, a can-do attitude and the ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment • Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills and ability to track multiple project deliverables with minimal direction • Confidence presenting and tailoring messaging to a variety of audiences, including senior leadership • Enjoy being a thought leader who naturally challenges the status quo • Good understanding and/or experience with financial services regulations is a plus • Bachelor’s degree required (MBA preferred) • 4+ years digital product owner experience
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!