- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
Large Media and entertianment brand in Century City, CA is seeking a Senior Analyst, Competitor Intelligence and Consumer Research to join their team. This is a 6-month contract to start, with possibility to extend. This role will begin to work remotely, but prefer someone in LA area once offices reopen.
- Looking for someone with ideally 3-5 years of experience.
- Need someone with entertainment or media experience; from Mgr experience, less of a ramp up period. Also, experience with research firms such as trade press.
- Stay away from someone with linear experience (i.e. only focused on competitor analysis and/or working with only consumer research firms).
- Per Mgr role is about 60% competitor analysis & about 20% consumer research
About the Role
The Senior Analyst of Competitive Intelligence and Consumer Research will work closely with the Senior Manager of Competitive Intelligence and Consumer Research to provide research and analytical support and drive insightful learnings for the business.
This role requires having visibility into our leading Brands -- comprising of news, business ,sports, entertinament and TV networks -- to proactively leverage data to create business value for both our digital and non-digital assets.
- You are a quick learner and not afraid to ask the tough questions
- You are excited by research and providing accurate & impactful information
- You are a critical thinker with an inquisitive mind and enjoy problem solving
- You are action & detail-oriented
- You are interested in the digital media/entertainment industry
- Lead creation of “daily key news” updates, quickly summarizing market and competitor insights from various news sources, vendor research reports, consumer surveys and other sources
- Manage monthly Net Promoter Score analysis, driving insights for the Digital Growth Marketing and BU digital teams
- Assist with design and development of Tableau dashboards when needed
- Conduct data pulls from Comscore when needed
- Assist with consumer surveys for the department
- Support other ad-hoc research and benchmark requests
- 3+ years as an Analyst with a focus on research / competitive intelligence, preferably in entertainment industry
- A record of successful consumer research, benchmark analyses, etc.
- Experience with Tableau or other data visualization software preferred
- Previous experience with Comscore or Nielsen preferred
- Superior skills with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience assisting with consumer surveys, and ability to analyze survey results and extract insights
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience with digital media/entertainment industry preferred
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers