- Austin, TX
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erika Fematt
AQUENT is looking for a Usability/Design Researcher that will work within the PC Software division of our clients Experience Design Group. The Researcher will be an integral part of the UX/Design team and assist in creating and implementing world-class experiences for our clients software and hardware.
The role will primarily involve planning and conducting studies and design research (in the form of usability testing, focus group/concept testing, surveys/questionnaires and more), analyzing results and synthesizing findings, presenting to the design and product teams. The role will also routinely involve the following:
• Work in a team setting – both internal to our team (research & design colleagues) and external (product management, marketing & engineering)
• Help form project concepts/experiences and target use cases
• Define test participant profiles & recruiting screeners
• Develop testing plans and detailed protocols
• Work with designers and product management to refine testing materials – interactive prototypes (software or hardware), visual concepts/illustrations, textual descriptions/definitions, and other design collateral
• Moderate testing sessions, analyze data, synthesize key findings, document & present results
• Contribute to product specifications, solutions and redesign based on research findings and user-centered design principles
The ideal candidate has a passion for user-centered research and design and has a wide breadth of experience across multiple types of products, channels and research methodologies. These requirements include:
• Extensive knowledge of usability and user experience research tools and techniques (e.g., field research, heuristic reviews, usability lab testing, surveys/interviews, benchmarking, card sorts, RITE testing, etc.)
• Ability to communicate research results, graphically depict data, and justify methods and approaches orally and in writing.
• Strong moderation skills and methods for group facilitation and consensus building.
• Ability to work independently, in a team, and with or without direction is imperative.
• Bachelor's degree in psychology or related user-research field.
• 3+ years of usability research experience with multifaceted responsibilities.
Additional qualities may include:
• Strong project management skills
• Strong communication, critical thinking, and creative problem-solving skills
• Related experience in another field such as market research, human factors, interaction design, information architecture, graphic design
• Experience designing wireframes and creating interactive prototypes using related tools such as Axure, Figma, Adobe XD, or InVision
• Experience creating user personas and journey maps to support a user centered design methodology
• Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
• Comfortable in fast-paced environment
This Aquent client provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But they are more than a technology company — they are a people company. They inspire, challenge and respect every one of over 100,000 employees. They also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.