- Boston, MA
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Dove Ryan
The Product Design Lead is a facilitator who helps the product team make design decisions. They employ human-centered design practices and work in concert within our Agile development process. They lead user research, ideation sessions, and act as the voice of the users in the prioritization process. They advocate for the ideal user experience by leveraging the user research and collaborating with stakeholders directly.
- 100% dedicated to a single engagement at a time and acts as Lead on product in the craft capacity.
- Master of understanding what level of fidelity is most appropriate for the audience, phase of work and aligns the teams work accordingly.
- Develop the design assets necessary to communicate interactions, test hypothesis, and create provocations for conversations with the user. These include, but are not limited to, the following: customer journeys, user flows, sitemaps, research plans, paper prototypes, workshops, sketches, visual designs, prototypes.
- Drive craft by setting the tone and vision for the visual aesthetic and pattern vocabulary utilizing colors, typography, and layout.
- Build partnerships with business stakeholders and educate them on how research shapes the product direction through presentations and collaboration.
- Facilitate a culture of team critique to provide feedback on how to level up design work, support designers to navigate complex UX, IA, Visual System decisions. Set the method for team design workflow, set of tools, file sharing, and best methods for file organization.
- Takes full ownership of their design team’s work and responsibility for every detail, every step of the way.
Working together, we will:
- Have specific opportunities to make healthcare better for our members, transform the future of care today, while working to build and deliver technology.
- Engage in ongoing activities that enable us to learn, practice, and evolve design to integrate it into a more agile and efficient process.
- Collaborate on products and services that change the way our members enroll, seek, and establish care.
Set yourself apart:
- Ability to support and teach fellow designers through design pairing, design critiques, general ways of working, design tools, and best practices.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating a full understanding of the end-to-end design process.
- Extensive experience with Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and InVision. Ability to learn new software quickly a plus.
- Extensive experience with applying user-centered design processes.
- Understanding of areas of specialization within the greater design landscape, including but not limited to Design Research, Visual Design, Service Design, UI / UX Design, and Product Design; willingness to broaden own skillset into adjacent specializations while refining mastery of primary skillset.
- Pilot new tools and design methods within project work and practice.
- Facilitate studio and team critiques and be the voice of craft helping to elevate the standard of products and services
- Point of contact for software vetting and contracting.
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- 6-10 years of relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s design degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Demonstrated experience working in UX, Product Design, Visual Design, or IA within multiple cross-discipline teams (both technology and design)