- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erica Schmidt
This position is 100% remote.
Our large healthcare client is seeking a Business Communications Consultant to develop internal/external communications materials regarding policies and procedures, compensation, benefits changes, etc. This role will offer the unique opportunity to provide advice or support to other departments in the organization on communications issues and may provide input on broad based company publications targeted at customers or the trade.
The Business Communications Consultant works on extremely complex issues/problems or assignments of large scope, impact, and importance where business acumen, leadership or ingenuity are required. You will work on communications projects that have higher profile or sensitivity such as broad-impact business changes, new corporate/market initiatives, mergers and acquisitions and/or organization structures. In addition, you will focus on providing thought leadership and technical expertise across multiple disciplines. You will be recognized internally as “the go-to person” for the most complex Business Communications assignments.
First and foremost, we are looking for Consultants to have superior writing skills and be able to quickly produce content in an informal voice that is grammatically correct, follows AP Stylebook standards, and is concise. The Business Communications Consultant will work as part of a team performing peer review and helping to gather information.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Writing blogs, emails, feature articles, org announcements, and slides
- Reviewing teammates' articles for clarity and style
- Posting items to our blog using the web-building software (Igloo)
- Updating the editorial calendar
- Pulling distribution lists
- Sending mass emails
- Assembling provided content into a weekly “newsletter” email in Outlook using our template, managing reviews, sending, and archiving.
- Managing the team email box.
- Archiving published communications
Ideal Candidates will bring:
- Required: Writing samples that demonstrated requested skillset. In addition, a writing test will be administered
- 5+ years experience focused on Business Communications within a large, corporate environment or equivalent
- Must be proficient in MS Office Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent business writing, composition, and editing skills
- MS Office Suite
- Ability to engage with stakeholders to research topics
- College degree
Skills and Experience:
- COMMUNICATION WRITING
- MICROSOFT OFFICE 2010
- BUSINESS WRITING
- MICROSOFT OFFICE
- MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS
- MS OFFICE
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP
Benefits for Consultants
Aquent talent are eligible for a generous health-and-wellness package.
Our plan includes: Medical Insurance Aquent offers access to comprehensive In and Out of Network plans, with contributions toward monthly premiums and often with eligibility within two months of starting work. Retirement Savings Plan Aquent offers a 401(k) plan, managed by a leader in the retirement field, with immediate vesting.
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Professional training
- Discounts and Perks