- Louisville, KY
- Job Terms:
- $32 hr plus benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Debra Powell
LONG TERM ASSIGNMENT WITH OPPORTUNITY TO BE EXTENDED BUT CANNOT BE GUARANTEED
LOCATION: Louisville, KY preference but open to WAH candidates. Candidates may need to occasionally be onsite once the facility re-opens. Transportation to facility not reimbursable.
Portfolio and/or Writing Samples are required for all candidates to be considered
The in-house agency is a creative collective built exclusively to support the business and the brand. Our sole purpose is to create meaning, influence choice, and motivate change through brand expression.
The Copy Writer 2 is part of a collaborative team that works with internal partners to create impactful communications in support of a variety of target audiences. The work involves moderately complex issues where the analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth understanding of specific business segments. The Copy Writer 2 will be an advocate for the brand, understanding and applying the brand voice in all communications.
To be successful in this role, you should also have in-depth experience developing integrated marketing campaigns and brand voice. Ultimately you are a self-starter, creative catalyst, and collaborator who can build confidence and trust with the team, and our marketing partners.
• Works from creative briefs, teams with designers and business partners to develop, execute, present and rationalize concepts based on brand and business requirements.
• Understands and applies necessary content development approach based on media channels – print vs. web vs. social vs. email, etc. (must have experience in doing so)
• Highly collaborative. Leverages all resources (people and research tools alike) to ensure the best possible solution for the business/brand in consideration of the specific ask by the client.
• Understands the brand and maintains the highest quality control over all pieces he/she creates or encounters; writes in the brand voice and supports brand positioning.
• Writes and/or edits materials to align with overall brand and business strategies
• Consistently builds and maintains product knowledge for each project/assignment.
• Leverages strategic thinking to successfully incorporate all changes and suggestions from internal department reviewers, business partners and legal and compliance reviewers.
• Strategically and rationally articulates ideas to clients and business partners both in presentation settings and informal/collaboration situations.
• Delivers on time proactively communicating to all necessary team members when and where complications may impact delivery.
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably with concentration in English, journalism, communications, or equivalent experience combined with a strong and diverse creative portfolio.
• Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience in an advertising agency environment or provide a strong demonstration of collaborative and strategic thinking.
• Strong strategic thinking, business partnering, and presentation skills.
• Ability to plan strategically and developed broad-based programs.
• Proven ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.