- Boston, MA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE A PRIOR MANAGEMENT EXPERIENCE
Job Title: Sr. UX Manager
Job Location: Boston, MA or Cumberland, RI
Our Fortune 10 Healthcare client is looking to hire a UX Manager to be a part of their diverse Digital team. They are embarking on a bold agenda to transform health care and empower millions of customers on their path to better health.
Senior UX Managers contribute to digital product design efforts and solve complex business challenges on large-scale initiatives across several projects simultaneously. They are user advocates who lead and guide the work of less experienced design colleagues, provide recommendations and influence strategic decision making, have an appetite for inclusion, and at a minimum have familiarity with and working knowledge of accessibility.
As an integral member of our Digital UX team, this position is responsible for managing 6-10 UX designers working across one or more scaled agile.
- Hire and retain contract and full time UX designers
- Establish annual goals and provide ongoing performance feedback to full time staff
- Collaborate with other UX, Product, and Development managers to ensure alignment across projects
- Proactively work with reports to ensure high quality designs and stakeholder satisfaction
- Collaborate with other UX managers and UX director on UX strategy
- Work with agile leadership to ensure UX team quality and velocity meet team needs
- 7-10 years of experience in team building and leadership involving direct, indirect, and non-reports
- Proven ability to work in a matrix team environment and demonstrate thought leadership and ability to influence where no direct line of control exists
- Ability to mentor and manage 3-10 direct reports
- Strong portfolio of work including examples of mobile web, desktop and app experiences
- Strong understanding of design system and component-based design
- Strong understanding of native mobile and responsive web platforms and designing UI solutions within them
- Ability to conceptualize, design, and deliver experiences.
- Ability to communicate user needs and demonstrate how proposed designs solve those to internal team and other stakeholders.
- Ability to collaborate with designers, strategists, managers, and technologists
- Ability to collaborate with product owners, scrum masters and engineering teams within an agile process
- Ability to present to senior stakeholders and build support UX work initiatives (Ability to direct the work of others)
- Knowledge of user-centered design philosophy and process
- Hands on experience with wire framing and prototyping tools
- Attention to detail and passion for excellence
• Experience in medical or other highly regulated fields
• Knowledge of HTML, CSS and other web technologies
• Experience with agile and lean software development practices
Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Product Design, Human Factors or equivalent/relevant work experience. Master's Degree Preferred.cv
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy