- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment brand in Glendale, CA is seeking a UX & Production Designer to join their corporate communications team. This role is slated to go 3-months with the possibility of extending.
This role is for a “Production and UX Design” and this is largely a production role (HTML editing, content management using WordPress and other applications, Photoshop, Figma, etc) with some UX Design work. Working with editorial and project management teams to update and manage content on multiple brand websites.
- Managing and preparing media assets and creating web pages through WordPress
- Designing and coding HTML emails and web pages
- Creating and updating events on our internal Event Registration platform
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams to bring a UX, strategy, and visual design expertise to projects
- Involvement on all parts of the design process: from client meetings, user research, synthesizing, information architecture, wireframing, prototyping, and visual design
- Iterate on designs based on client feedback, user research, usability testing, analytics, and other data
- Working closely with development teams to bring digital products to life
- Experience in HTML Web page and email template creation
- Strong familiarity with Content Management Systems (e.g., WordPress, etc.)
- Experience in using design tools such as Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Strong familiarity with the UX design process and interested in working on all aspects of the product life cycle
- Experience and interest in visual design, user experience, human-centered design, or design thinking.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve and ideate on possible design approaches
- Ability to take concepts from low-fidelity sketches to high-fidelity mockups
- Ability to clearly communicate your designs and give and receive constructive feedback, and iterate effectively
- Familiarity with accessibility standards
- Basic knowledge of video encoding software
- Proven ability to successfully prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Quick-learner with ability to take direction, work under pressure and operate as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- An extreme attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- High sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Ability to deal effectively with people at all levels
- Familiarity of brand and its businesses
Required Education: BA or BS - Experience is More Important
- The candidate will need experience in technology, digital production, generalized skills with HTML & an eye for design - must be able to gauge what looks appropriate
- This not an engineer role, the client is seeking someone with creative sills, able to do coding, designer application exp, coding of HTML, edit code, look at code, build assets in applications, and understand code, content management, image manipulation, come up with versions of a design and the direction is provided by design lead.
- NOTE: this assignment is remote and can be anywhere (east or west coast) as long as they work on West Coast time -PST.
- They will evaluate after the 3 months if this will be extended.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers