- Orlando, FL
- Job Terms:
- $17/hr + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Enterainment and Consumer Products brand in Kissimmee, FL is seeking a Merchandise Assistant to join their consumer products team. This role is slated to go just over a month, strong possibility to extend. This role will be remote, candidates should be on the east coast, Orlando area preferred. Candidates should have expereince with softlines or hardlines.
The Merchandise Assistant supports the Merchandiser in driving the category business by assisting with the development and execution of seasonal merchandise strategies. The Merchandising Assistant supports all day-to-day activities of the Merchant team and coordinates with sourcing partners, suppliers, and internal cross-functional partners. The Merchandise assistant must exhibit strong organization, prioritization, and influencing skills, as well as proficiency in all systems and processes related to merchandising from SKU set-up through sample processing to purchase order management. This role is primarily data entry into internal systems.
- Build and maintain PowerPoints
- Data entry in Microsoft Excel and internal proprietary systems
- Manage sample requests for our online and marketing partners
- Communicate with suppliers as needed
- 2 years of experience in buying, merchandising and/or Product Development.
- High energy, self-starter with an ownership mentality and a passion for retail, product marketing or product development.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to multitask
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible while detail oriented; ability to balance conflicting priorities.
- Out-of-box problem solver with ability to bring groups together for rapid resolution.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharepoint. Photoshop and Adobe suite a plus.
Preferred Qualifications: Major related to Retail Merchandising, Merchandise Design, Fashion Merchandising, Product marketing or Fashion Design
-2 years Retail exp., in a Retail business' Corp office - buying offices (not in a store) able to understand and work in Excel- Data entry, saving files, creating new, updating existing spreadsheets.
-Proficient Powerpoint skills - update images & create new decks.
-Quick learner with a good attitude.
-Able to multitask and prioritize in a very busy environment.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- Paid Sick Leave
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers