- New York
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gerald Garrison
We're looking for an Information Architecture professional for one of our Financial Services clients.
Take business needs and product requirements and transform them into user-focused and intuitive web, mobile, and product experiences. Strategize with analysts, web and product managers, marketers, and other key stakeholders to create UI mockups, user flows, and functional specs so their designs maximize usability and performance. Work closely with design technologist to build prototypes that represent both the visual identity and interaction model required to test and evolve products for user and internal testing. Work with Information Architects to design, observe, and analyze usability studies. Work closely with IAs, Design Technologists, and back-end engineers to implement and deliver final products. Facilitate design communication across a multidisciplinary team throughout each phase of a project. Work closely with cross-functional staff to deliver against project goals.
What you’ll do:
This role is responsible for designing the behavior of our digital products. The Information Architecture creates the guidelines (information architecture, user flows, navigational models, etc.) to outline how customers interact with our products.
• Help define the goals, business requirements and constraints for projects.
• Collaborate to convert research insights into actionable concepts
• Work with complex systems and large volumes of data/content, convert to simplified models
• Refine concepts into meaningful narratives that speak to business opportunities, technical feasibility
• Identify interaction patterns
• Collaborate with content strategists, visual designers and developers
• Help translate business requirements into user stories.
• Conduct secondary research, including trend benchmarking and competitor analysis.
• Create frameworks such as customer journeys, ecosystem maps based on inputs from research
• Design wireframes, user flow diagrams and application maps
• Help create and test interactive prototypes
• Document interaction guidelines
• Support the definition of roadmaps in collaboration with strategy and technology teams
What you bring:
• 5+ years of professional interaction design experience
• Highly developed design skills, demonstrated in your portfolio of recent work
• Confident presentation and storytelling abilities
• Experience collaborating in multifunctional teams
• Proficiency with contemporary design and prototyping tools and methods
Please include to portfolio for consideration
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Paid Sick Leave for all US and Canada talent
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)