- Remote ( East Coast)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gerald Garrison
We're looking for a strong Content Strategist for one of our clients that's based out of the Boston area.
Our Content Strategists determine the right content to deliver to the right consumer in the right place at the right time. They identify what content is needed to deliver an exceptional user experience, and ensure that content is findable, easy-to-understand, and actionable for our users. This includes conducting research and analyses to evaluate content effectiveness and to identify opportunities to improve content across the customer journey.
The ideal candidate will have a strong UX writing portfolio that demonstrates the ability to translate complex concepts into clear and concise copy that improves business results. This role will work in an Agile environment, partnering closely with product owners, product designers and engineers, as well as other content strategists, marketers, analysts and researchers. Strong collaboration and influencing skills are critical for success in this role.
This is a 6-month, fully remote contract role.
● Implement content strategy for a dedicated workstream or functional area, collaborating heavily with product teams in the planning and development of digital solutions.
● Be proactive in defining and communicating content problems to be solved during the objective-setting and discovery process and decide which content methods and tools to use for the business challenge at hand.
● Conduct research to become an expert in insurance products and concepts.
● Leverage customer research, personas, journey maps, and site data to develop content strategies that target user needs and support business goals.
● Work closely with product designers to ensure that content and information architecture supports and strengthens the overall user experience strategy.
● Write concise, engaging content that adheres to brand guidelines for tone and voice, follows established standards and uses language best practices for the given channel/medium.
● Align cross project or cross-work stream customer experience requirements to ensure continuity for the user across the omni-channel customer experience.
● Continuously seek and integrate user feedback and test results to optimize content.
This role might be for you if you have:
● Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Journalism or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
● 3+ years professional writing and editing experience in digital and online platforms.
● A strong portfolio of written work that demonstrates business impact and results.
● Experience leading content initiatives from ideation through implementation.
● Exceptional written and oral communication skills. Ability to present projects and status reports to team leadership.
● Strong organization and analytic thinking skills, with ability to translate content into a variety of artifacts and documentation.
● Proven track record of collaborating effectively with cross-functional teams.
● Insurance or financial industry experience is a plus.
● Experience working in an enterprise agile environment preferred.
Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things:
- You're paid weekly
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Paid Sick Leave for all US and Canada talent
- Access to Fidelity 401(k)
- Access to FSA Program (pre-tax payment toward bus or train passes, etc.)
- Direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Access to free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com/
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)