- Richmond or McLean, VA or Plano TX
- Job Terms:
- $33 - $38hr.
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- James Ward
We are happy to share that one of our Fortune 500 clients is in need of a long-term User Interface Designer to support a Richmond, VA based client, can work remote for now, Richmond or McLean, VA or Plano TX, 40 hours a week, 9 months with the opportunity to extend to staff, healthcare benefits provided, 401K, 5 paid sick days, more. This role will be 100% remote with a goal to return to the office after Labor Day.
About This Client – they put their money where their mouth is – meaning, as a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
What You Will Do:
- As a User Interface Designer Designer on the Enterprise Creative Brand Team, you will be responsible for helping providing a face life to this Brand Portal site’s by crafting useful, usable, beautiful, and on-brand interfaces and experiences for this 100% internal/ enterprise-wide portal.
- The primary focus is designing for internal Brand Portal site, which is the single source of truth for everything related to this client’s Brand, including brand strategy, standards, and corporate tools and templates and continuously update the experience for creatives and marketers.
- When/if capacity exists this role could design cards/plastics, logo identity, design systems.
- This role is a mix of skills: UI 70% / 30% UX, understanding of user-centered principles on a lean team that supports portal - experience design experience.
- As a Designer, you will share your passion for color, typography, layout, iconography and animation. You can’t help yourself from critiquing everything and dreaming of better solutions, about how every design you create fits into a larger ecosystem of design and function in terms of scalability, patterns, and impact.
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams of Product Owners, Engineers, Content Strategists, UX Researchers, and Business Clients. You will be excited to share your point of view as well as listen and consider the thoughts of others.
What You Need:
- A strong portfolio of project examples that showcases UI Design, Digital Branding, UI Elements, and Illustration that demonstrates your understanding of design essentials like color, typography.
- Solid understanding of Interface Design best practices across multiple platforms (web, mobile, social, etc.).
- Knowledge of user-centered design and UX principles and the UX project lifecycle including research, architecture, collaborative design, prototyping, and documentation.
- Experience working within established brand guidelines and a passion for consistency, ability to work quickly at various levels of fidelity from low to high, great communication and presentation skills with experience influencing others at various levels with a solid understanding of, or experience working within agile/scrum development methodologies.
- Proficiency with current design and collaboration tools (Figma, Photoshop, InVision, Slack, Confluence, etc.), skill in HTML, CSS, and other web languages.
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume to: email@example.com
This client puts its money where its mouth is. As a leading financial services and tech company, they’re constantly pushing the envelope to adapt and stay ahead of trends - whether it’s trends in financial products or in the way they treat their customers. Our client sets the bar in customer experience.
Our Talent are working with “best-in-class” global marketing teams on omni-channel campaigns, leveraging innovative technologies to drive customer engagement. AQUENT Talent work alongside full-time employees presenting ideas to stakeholders and influencing business decisions every day.
You’ll be pushed to bring thoughtful creative and marketing ideas to the table
You’ll be collaborating in an Agile environment to deliver purposeful projects
You’ll be working with a global brand - meeting customers where they live by leveraging AI, ML and VR