- Remote (PST Hours)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
This Studio is a design and research team working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in search, maps, advertising, and news. We collaborate in a customer-driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating experiences that make the web a better place for every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you.
Homepage or Start experience is a part of the group that focuses on crafting experiences for a personalized, intelligent and relevant start experience for our properties, both on the web and mobile apps. We need to bring to our customers experiences that would keep them informed, stay entertained and promote discovery of content and features that would help their web journey. We also want to use this as an opportunity to offer a set of high quality and trusted content services like News, Sports, Finance, Weather and Enterprise content along with world class Search, Privacy and other services.
This role is for the Content Services team, to ladder up our Web Experiences and Technologies, with a core focus centered on Experience, Media and Information design that would span multiple form-factors, devices and ecosystems. You’ll help drive the execution for a Human Interface Guideline project, its documentation, maintenance, and scaling for a very large base of existing and potential users. You’ll be joining a set of designers, with whom you can partner, learn from, and contribute towards. You will be an integral part of the engineering team and will have the opportunity to partner closely with Program Managers and the Developers that are directly involved in creating and evolving user experiences.
An ideal candidate would have experience with simplifying complex user scenarios, and good knowledge in UI Patterns, Frameworks, and scaling Design Systems. You are forward-thinking, passionate about improving our users experience, on top of current UX trends, and excited about exploring new possibilities and opportunities. You can quickly bring new ideas to life from low fidelity sketching to clickable prototypes. You can take big picture ideas and help translate them to ownable concepts with your design and storytelling skills. Most importantly, you love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, crafting experiences that fulfill direct user need while also adding a sense of delight.
• Create high quality wireframes, mockups, and prototypes, in a timely and iterative environment.
• Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams throughout all stages of design process to deliver useful and efficient end-to-end user experiences.
• Scope and prioritize work across multiple projects and tasks.
• Perform usability tests, working with end users and stakeholders to ensure problems and needs are understood.
• Present work to teams
• Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
• 2+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, hybrid designer, or similar role.
• Demonstrated knowledge in all things UX, including accessibility and systems.
• Great eye for visual design and layout. Understanding of multiple modality design patterns and various form-factors.
• Excellent understanding of UX methodologies and implementation of design patterns.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail.
• Ability to quickly learn modern design tools such as Figma.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.