- Beaverton, OR (Remote)
- Job Terms:
- Hourly Rate
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Anne Baesemann
We are working with a leading Fortune 500 retailer to bring on a Design Operations Director. This is a temporary assignment which has the possibility to extend. This corporate office is out of the Portland area but is open to remote candidates.
The Design Ops Director is an enthusiastic, motivated, intuitive and well-organized team player who ensures the Design Studio runs smoothly on a day-to-day basis.
They will drive, implement, and manage design process systems and procedures, solve problems and prioritize amongst multiple tasks.
They will provide the energy, focus and organizational horsepower to drive process excellence and enable the company's design to have creative space and focus.
Ideal candidate is able to have:
- Forward thinking plans
- Deep ability with calendar, timeline and deliverable processes
- Able to partner with variety of cross functional teams, yet ultimately funnel through one team
- Focused on creative Strategic Mindset
- Understand what is takes to run a studio
- be a Leader at the table with a Design Director(s)
• Serve as "Chief of Staff" to the Design Director and supports strategic pre-season process planning as well as overseas day-to-day operations of design studio
• Implement existing templates and tools to drive design process results
• Develop plans for achieving key dates and deliverables
• Establish and foster strong cross-functional relationship with Product Management, Development, and Merchandising partners
• Foster a high performance team and studio by executing process excellence and driving synergy across Product, Color and Materials design functions
• Work closely with Design Director to ensure all policy and procedures are properly implemented for design teams
• Ensure adherence to deadlines and deliverables both for design teams and for downstream and upstream partners
• Partner with Design Director to create inspiring, motivational and educational experiences for design teams to support team building and creative exploration
This client, named for the Greek goddess of victory, is the world's leading designer, marketer and distributor of athletic footwear, apparel, equipment and accessories.
• Experience working in a Creative Studio as it relates to project creation
• Experience with product creation process, specifically apparel or footwear
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience