- Philadelphia, PA
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Dove Ryan
In this position you will be responsible for developing educational content directed to healthcare providers, patients, or internal pharmaceutical teams. This may include developing meeting content, slide decks, interactive PDFs, video scripts, etc. The Medical Writer is expected to become familiar with the product, science, and strategic issues for each product you work on.
The Medical Writer interacts closely with other clinical and account team members to gain a thorough understanding of the scope and expectations of each project to create content that aligns with the client’s strategic objectives. You will demonstrate keen attention to editorial, reference and annotation details, and will have the ability to quickly process information to accurately translate and deliver to the target audience. Scheduling flexibility and timeline prioritization skills are essential for success in this role.
• Participates in strategic planning and project meetings with internal and client teams as needed.
• Plans develops and writes materials as assigned, working under the close supervision of the scientific staff on specific initiatives to ensure alignment with strategic objectives
• Partners with creative services to develop highly visual and engaging materials that maintain a high level of scientific accuracy and achieve our client’s strategic objectives
• Partners with internal team and provides onsite support at key client meetings or events
• Secures references as needed through the appropriate channels to provide full support of all claims within a deliverable and provides clean delivery of reference packets for internal and client teams
• Collaborates with editorial to resolve grammatical or stylistic errors or concerns
• Takes a proactive solutions-oriented approach into all tasks
• 5+ years Medical Writing experience
• Expert writing and editorial skills with a thorough knowledge of AMA style and medical terminology expertise
• Bachelor’s Degree or (minimum 12 years) work experience
- Advanced degree in the Sciences
- Residency, fellowship and publication/writing experience or experience in medical or pharmaceutical field strongly preferred.
- Experienced at strategic brainstorming, campaign development and creative execution writing email copy, advertising (digital, print, banners), brand messaging, web copy, video scripts, marketing collateral
- Proven organizational and timeline prioritization skills; scheduling flexibility to accommodate work volumes and the ability to manage multiple assignments
- Experience in Oncology, Neurology, Rare Disease, Patient Services, or related areas