- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Debra Powell
* Position can work remotely until it is safe to be in office. Then 1-2 days a week of remote work will be approved.
The User Research team is responsible for assessing end-user needs with respect to the company’s digital presence, and based on those needs, combined with business goals, recommend use throughout the greater digital presence, guiding the direction for the overall User Experience for visitors. Members of the User Research team must understand both the business and the technical aspects of the Web. They need to understand business stakeholders perspectives and the end-user's needs. Being able to bridge both the business and technical areas, and to fully understand the different languages used and processes employed, is critical to the success of this team. Through a combination of influence and standards, the user researcher helps to guide the online user experience that will produce optimal results.
The User Researcher team member performs user research in one-on-one sessions, or with groups, as appropriate, either in-person or remotely and/or asynchronously – for both generative and summative settings. They use the information gathered during this research to advocate for use-centered online interactions and drive business decision-making. The ability to collect, analyze, and interpret user research is a critical component of this job family, as is the ability to translate user and stakeholder needs into an effective user interface.
• Minimum three (3) years of digital experience moderating usability tests with large team and/or stakeholder engagement.
• Bachelor's degree in a related field.
• Master's degree in related field preferred
• Engages with large stakeholder groups to identify research needs and evangelize for appropriate user research early and often in the solutioning process
• Synthesize cross experience findings and results, which may be done by other team members or secondary research sources, with keen eye to inform and influence decision making, advocating for user and identifying trade-offs as needed
• Comfortable presenting to large stakeholder groups
• Conducts user interviews and research, from goals/needs assessment all the way to summative evaluations.
• Using qualitative and connecting quantitative data to inform results to guide and make impactful user-centered experience decisions
• Suggests and pilots internal work process efficiencies that the team can align to.
• Works to build a collaborative, end-to-end engagement process both internally and externally with teams so that user research is a trusted partner early-on and through-out the product development cycle in reflecting consumer and business values.
• Advocates for meaningful use even when it might not be popular.
• Utilizes/Draws from personas to carry out research and heuristic analysis.
• Writes, moderates and reports on usability studies using established testing methodologies and configurations.
• Creates test plans for straight-forward and complex projects.
• Evaluates and integrates feedback from stakeholders to create moderators guides for testing.
• Works independently and/or with stakeholders to create participant recruiting screeners.
• Conducts qualitative and quantitative analysis of testing results using standard methodologies.
• Develops recommendations based on test results. Reports on test results.
• Conducts and coordinates Usability tests using standard and best practice testing methodologies and configurations.
• Coordinates testing logistics including recruiting, incentives, parking validation, locations (room scheduling, may be multiple locations, or outside vendor). Sets up and tears down usability lab and observation room(s) including configuring the software and computer hardware (camera, laptop, networking, cables, etc.). Recruits participants as needed. Manages overall experience of participants- escorting them to and from the testing room and handling incentives.
• Provides support for creating test stimuli - producing cards for card sorts, basic HTML clickpaths, or paper prototypes. Arranges testing materials - ensuring that there are an
appropriate number of collated copies of moderator's guides and participant demographics for the test and observation rooms.
• Adheres to our compliance practices for user and data protection.
• Strong ability to be self-organized and proactive in suggesting and bringing about positive change.
• Ability to juggle multiple, concurrent projects and collaborate toward maturing the user research processes for the team.
• Experience designing usability tests, analyzing results and forming recommendations based on those results.
Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles, best practices, and heuristics.
• Advanced use of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Proficient using Microsoft Visio.
• Proficient with Web design/coding best practices.
• Working knowledge of policies, practices and systems.
• Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
• Full use and general application of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques.
• Deep knowledge of online design principles, trends, competition, technical limitation in order to design products and relationships between suites of related products appropriately.
• A detailed knowledge of the Web development process.
• Proficient with setting up, installing and configuring computer hardware and software.
• Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
• Clear communication in a consensus driven environment, enabling teams to understand your perspective and recommendations
• Ability to work well in a large team environment, no egos!
• Works independently and proactively
Taking a position with our client gets you in with a leader in its field.
Our client is a five-star medical provider who, as an innovator, was the first in their industry to offer electronic health records. They’re constantly on the forefront of innovation in the healthcare field, both for their technical advances as well as for their community involvement. Volunteerism and community service are critical components of their approach to improving the general health in all of their neighborhoods.
Our client practices what they preach, and has a strong commitment to work-life balance and a healthy lifestyle. On many of their campuses you can find fitness centers, walking paths, as well as volleyball and basketball courts. Stay healthy while developing your career path!
Aquent places talented writers, digital designers and user experience candidates, as well as editorial candidates with this market leader every day in one of a number of locations throughout California We’ve had the benefit of twenty years of experience placing talent at this company and there is an extensive network of talent here, not only actively working for Aquent, but also now senior members of the organization who have been converted to permanent employees over the years.