- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- James Ward
Our Fortune 500 luxury brand client, is in need of a long term freelance Instructional Designer to join their Global Service Learning Network (GSLN) Team. This freelance role is 100% Virtual, $30 an hour on a W-2, 40 hours a week, 9 months will the opportunity to extend/convert, paid sick days, healthcare benefits, 401k, FlexSpend.
What You Will Do:
- The Global Servicing Learning Network Team provides a full range of dynamic, evolving learning and performance solutions that enrich colleague skills and knowledge, powering customer engagement. As the Instructional Designer, you will be responsible for the development of highly engaging and interactive training and applies advanced adult learning theories into practical, application-based training strategies for aligned businesses.
- In this role, you will also partner with other learning professionals and business partners to deliver a globally consistent training experience that directly impacts the success of internal and external clients. The goal of all learning programs designed will be to deliver a world-class learning experience and drive a positive business impact.
- As an Instructional Designer, you will leverage experience in developing learning in both a traditional waterfall (ADDIE) and agile learning environment. The ability to communicate effectively in visual, oral and written form and deliver engaging presentations to business leaders is a critical skill for success.
- The ideal candidate will design training utilizing e-learning, game-based learning and other delivery methods.
- Apply adult learning and design principles to create engaging learning activities and compelling course content, material/media (audio, video, simulations role play, games, etc.)
- Work with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs and objectives, provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process and the overall learning experience, design learning that reflects an understanding of the diversity of learners and groups of learners, including demonstrated understanding of cultural differences that may apply, and create modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness and application of the training.
- Maintain project documentation and course content in alignment with approved Design processes and procedures.
What You Need:
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in Instructional Design application with the ability to convert strategies to effective and engaging learning experiences
- Proven experience with Instructional Design strategies and the ability to write course /lesson level content meeting the needs of the learners to drive performance
- Proven MS Office skills in Word and PowerPoint, Articulate, storyline, and Captivate, proficient user in Articulate 360 (Storyline, Rise, etc.) and Adobe Captivate, ability to trouble-shoot issues within Design Tools (Articulate & Captivate)
- Experience working in an agile and waterfall design environment, work in a team environment to design, develop and build blended learning experiences
- Proven e-learning design and development experience and experience designing, developing and delivering emerging learning solutions including game-based learning, simulations and immersive scenarios requiring multiple branching elements strongly preferred
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Products in Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Project a must
- Excellent analytical skill, experience with using learning management systems
- An Education Degree or Certification in Performance Technology, Instructional Design, Adult Learning or Teaching is strongly desired
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills at http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com