- Chicago, IL 60606
- Job Terms:
- $55-65/hour W2 (DOE) + benefits & 401K
- Start date:
- 3 weeks from offer
- Posted By:
- Chelsea Caudill
AQUENT is seeking an Internal Business Risk Analyst in Chicago who has experience with security governance and issue management, ideall in a financial services or banking client. This is a stable, one year contract and AQUENT offers a W2 hourly pay rate, health benefits, dental, vision and a matching 401K!
The Business Risk Internal Control (BRIC) position will be responsible for supporting and managing and maintaining a risk-aware culture with adherence to corporate policies, technology standards, and regulatory requirements that are in alignment with common IT risk and control frameworks.
Business Risk Analyst Required Skills:
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- 6 + years of IT project leadership experience in technical project and/or business operations
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology trends and business management operations
- Domain knowledge in application development, including: client/server, web services, portal, middleware, etc.
- Experience with the Atlassian suite of products (Confluence, Jira, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Hipchat)
- Hands on experience with change management Excellent leadership, communication, facilitation and motivational skills, with the ability to build rapport and grow consensus with peers and other groups quickly
- Preferred Skills: 6 + years of experience in Financial Services Industry highly preferred
- Experience with understanding operations Audit and Controls methods and procedures
- Understanding of technical principles of client facing applications: operating systems, databases, networking, security & business intelligence
- Good knowledge of, Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong technology affinity and experience
- Familiar with the following tools: Archer, Sirus, PlanView (Troux)
Business Risk Analyst responsibilities:
- Risk analysis and quantification
- Understands dependencies outside direct area of responsibility and works with those groups / PMs to ensure those dependencies are tracked / reported back to the internal group.
- Supporting controls and engagement activities for audits and regulatory exams.
- Supporting Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA) control activities.
- Assisting TRAC Security Governance and Issue Management (SGIM) in the governance and management of technology issues.
- The BRIC will also coordinate with Schwab’s second line-of-defense-organizations on the execution and maintenance of firm wide assessments and continuous monitoring of controls.
- The individual in this position will: Coordinate and support internal Audit, Regulatory, and Client Due Diligence engagements.
- Support the development and documentation of achievable and sustainable action plans to remediate identified control weaknesses.
- Support TRAC’s issue management activities within their organization and escalate remediation problems risks.
- Support risk identification, mitigation, response, acceptance, as well as overseeing and challenging the design, implementation, and maintenance of STS processes and controls.
- Facilitate and manage required activities assigned by second line-of-defense.
- Offer support and assistance in risk and control-related matters to ensure an open and effective risk management culture.
- Proactively identify areas requiring attention or strengthening, and work collaboratively with other STS disciplines to implement improvements in line with corporate standards, applicable regulations, and/or best practice frameworks.
- Maintain the appropriate Risk & Control Self Assessments (RCSAs) for STS.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of technology control procedures.
- Process Orientation: Able to research and identify new concepts, tools, and methodology improvements for consideration by leadership.
It’s not often that we get to say “yeah, but just listen to what they offer…” about our larger clients. Most people look at the awesome job description, then read “Financial Services Industry” and move on. We’ve heard it a thousand times! Know what else we’ve heard at this client just as much? “Wow! I’m so glad I took this job! This is not your father’s financial services company!”
Work here and experience:
- Opportunities to work with cutting-edge digital business strategies & projects
- Huge work-life balance culture
- Diversity-focused workplace
- Strong potential for temp-to-perm conversion (almost half of the people we've placed here have converted to a permanent position, either the one they're working in, or in a related department)
- Great Aquent community to work with onsite, including our bi-annual talent recognition program, which stems from the client managers’ own feedback (read: they’re engaged and interested in your future!)
- Don’t forget the massive points on your resume for being part of a cutting-edge team, leading the way in breathing fresh air into the financial services industry
With a customer experience focus in mind, our client is leading the way in the financial industry with their digital marketing & technology platforms. They recognize that today’s customers are technically savvy & independent as well as highly creative, and they’re working to be the best at serving them. We see this through how they are building platforms that allow customers to take ownership of their financial future, using video, animation, and social media to market to the end user. Their in-house digital agency has won numerous IHAF awards for their tools and cutting-edge technology. Working with this company, you would be working with groups and/or department such as an IHAF awarded digital agency, user experience, product development, communication strategy team and much more talented professionals like yourself. Come join us!