- Reston, VA
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Dove Ryan
The Senior Manager Technical Product Manager leads the on-going business management of our client's digital product, including developing and maintaining the product roadmap, and developing and executing strategies to achieve the revenue and margin goals (i.e., go to market strategies).
This role requires heavy collaboration with all areas of the company including: working with the Technology team through the software development life cycle (SDLC), the Marketing team to define market strategy, and the Market Development team to drive revenue and serve as a product expert with clients.
- Develop and maintain our client's product roadmap based on competitive industry capability analysis and business analysis.
- Validate roadmap initiatives and build business cases for longer-term initiatives within the context of broader portfolio innovation agenda.
- Serve as primary liaison with the Technology team, creating requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and business flow diagrams, ensuring requirements are fully understood and implementation plans match expectations.
- Become the subject matter expert on all processes required to operate the product, including dependencies on other products or systems.
- Prioritize and identify enhancements, working closely with the Technology team to ensure the detailed and prioritized roadmap is met.
- Own user acceptance testing to ensure developed products match the requirements.
- Collaborate on user testing and other research efforts to understand customer needs, product gaps, and translate them into requirements.
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of product documentation.
- Manage and execute research to identify, understand, assess, and present technical problems and new opportunities that support an ongoing prioritized backlog of capabilities.
- Collaborate with different internal stakeholders to understand pain points, translating into product capabilities with clear definition and scope.
- Drive go-to-market initiatives for product updates and enhancements; collaborate with Product Director on planning, training, and commercial execution. Drive the strategy behind B2B and B2C marketing plans to support business goals, including email campaigns, webinars, and updated sales collateral / training materials.
- Contribute to the strategy and planning for new products and services within the Connect product team.
- Manage technical product issues with internal and external stakeholders and partner groups.
- Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or certification; Or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in product development, product management, or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to own platforms or other similar technical products, leading technical teams and projects with a broad group of stakeholders
- Strong project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
- Ability to think critically and take initiative; harbor a “healthy level of skepticism” in order to gain a deeper understanding of the product and make data-driven decisions.
- Authority to prioritize work to resolve operational or departmental issues.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team setting, and across external and internal stakeholder groups.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail, with a keen focus on quality.
- Experience with relevant software and tools:
- Issue and requirements tracking – e.g. JIRA, Confluence;
- Flow chart software – e.g. Visio, draw.io, Lucidchart; and
- Mockup software – e.g. Balsamiq, Moqups, Sketch, InDesign.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Comfort with multi-tasking.
- Master’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field; MBA preferred.
- Strong understanding and demonstrated experience managing the 4Ps of the business (Product, Price, Place, and Promotion).
- Experience with data products and services.
- Experience with Agile, Lean Startup, and Test & Learn approaches.
- Experience with data and analytics software (PowerBI, Tableau, Google Analytics etc.).
- Experience with prototyping software (InVision).