- Reston, VA
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Dove Ryan
We are looking for a Product Manager who will lead the on-going business management of the our client's product line, including business performance analysis, go-to-market planning, and executing strategies to achieve the revenue and margin goals.
This role requires heavy collaboration with many areas of the company including: working with the Technology teams to define product releases, the Marketing teams to define market strategy, and the Market Development teams to drive revenue and serve as a product expert with clients.
• Conduct ongoing business performance analysis and create shared understanding of key revenue drivers across the organization.
• Develop action plans, based on market feedback and business analysis, to support the organization's revenue and margin goals.
• Own the development and consistent execution of product positioning statements for the product line, for all candidate- and school-facing channels in partnership with the broader business unit.
• Own the opt-in and pipeline conversion strategy, driven by a clear value proposition, enabling database growth and health to meet business goals.
• Contribute to business cases for longer-term initiatives within the context of broader portfolio innovation agenda.
• Execute go-to-market initiatives; Manage multiple internal and external partner groups in planning and commercial execution.
• Manage the development of sales and marketing collateral, campaigns, and training materials.
• Provide analytical support to technical product manager and Product Director, including monthly database updates, school account analyses, and other ad hoc reports.
• Support the day-to-day operations, including partner contracts, invoice management, and supporting Market Development and Customer Care with relevant inquiries.
• Manage issues with internal and external stakeholders and partner groups.
• Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
• 3 years’ experience in related field; Or equivalent combination of education, skills, and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or certification.
• Experience working with product lines in a global marketplace with B2B and B2C customers.
• Experience with market research projects.
• Strong project management skills and understanding of how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment.
• Exceptional organizational, project planning, and time management skills.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and in a team setting, and across external and internal stakeholder groups.
• Authority to prioritize work to resolve operational or departmental issues.
• Ability to think critically and take initiative; harbor a “healthy level of skepticism” in order to gain a deeper understanding of the product and make data-driven decisions.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills; strong attention to detail, with a keen focus on quality.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Comfort with multi-tasking.
• Master’s degree in a relevant field.
• Familiarity with higher education industry.
• Familiarity with agile software development methodology, including writing product requirements, user stories, acceptance criteria, and understanding other development efforts related to the software lifecycle.
• Strong understanding and demonstrated experience managing the 4Ps of the business (Product, Price, Place, and Promotion).
• Experience with data products and services.
• Experience with data and analytics software (PowerBI, Tableau, Google Analytics etc.).
• Experience with the following (Trello, Hubspot, Sitecore, Smartsheets, Asana, JIRA).