- Boston or Seattle
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Robin Legator
2 Fantastic Newly Created UX Researcher Roles at rapidly growing ecomm company
Ideal candidates have 7+ years and someone with 4+ years to sits in either Boston OR Seattle
We're working with our client on exciting and important UX Researcher roles for their Core Shopping group. In this position, your primary goal will be to uncover the “why”, synthesize findings, and use effective storytelling to communicate your insights. Your results will enable our customers, businesses and veterinarian partners to accomplish their goals in the most elegant, efficient, and enjoyable way possible. To achieve this, you will be responsible for driving the user research process and propelling teams to action - working cross functionally with our partners in Marketing, Voice of the Customer (VOC), and Analytics to help shape the next generation of company insights.
What You’ll Do:
- Earn trust and collaborate with product managers, designers, content strategists, analysts, and other researchers to answer open questions, fill knowledge gaps, and provide information to move product experiences forward. Be able to identify research initiatives based on proactive anticipation.
- Act like an owner by having influence to turn findings into actionable next steps for your team, immersing yourself into the problem space to help identify the steps to move into the solution space. You will be responsible for leading all aspects of the research including scoping, designing, executing, analyzing and reporting on the findings.
- Build High-performing Teams by defining and reshaping the research process to grow and scale with an evolving team and help build a strong research culture, while mentoring and working with other researchers.
- Put the Customers first by using a variety of methods to gather feedback, prioritize their needs, and get a solid understanding or the jobs they are trying to perform.
- Think big, and evaluate the holistic customer journey, while prioritizing those projects that have the most impact on the end-to-end customer experience with abilities to get to the heart of “How might We _______” without considering limitations.
- Deliver results by presenting in-depth large scope research findings to internal stakeholders including C-suite executives. Foster company’s culture and principles within the group while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence.
- Total of 4+ OR 7+ years of experience in UX Research that includes 4+ years of leading large-scale initiatives at a product-based organization. -- DEPENDING on the role
- End-to-end experience with all aspects of research with a strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables. These examples should show a complete understanding of theories and principles of UX research.
- Hands-on experience with a variety of quantitative and qualitative methods, along with exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, (e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.)
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to influence and deliver results.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Strong bias for action including the proven ability to juggle multiple priorities of large scope and effectively deliver in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Eagerness to continually learn, grow and improve the craft of research and demonstrated passion for solving problems the most complex problems.
- Experience mentoring and working closely user researchers.
- Experience with Service Design, Journey and Experience mapping.
- A BS or equivalent degree in psychology, cognitive science, Human Factors, HCI, HCD etc.; MS in Human Factors, HCD, or Cognitive Psychology and Retail/E-commerce research experience preferred but not required