- New York, NY - Remote til September/October
- Job Terms:
- competitive hourly + benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Julee Grupe
Sr Manager, Design Research
This is a hands-on Manager level position. This person would be manaing a small team of 4 employees. This is a hybrid manager role, someone with a mix of Design, Research, and Analytics + Product.
The Sr Manager, Design Research drives consumer-centric design of digital products and key marketing initiatives. Leads a broad cross-functional team to develop business requirements and integrate research findings into ideation, prototyping, rapid testing, creative analysis and concept iterations to ensure an optimal customer experience. Works closely with leadership in Creative, Marketing, Product, UX, CX, Consumer Insights and Site Merchandising teams.
• Drives business leaders in the selection of projects that deliver maximum ROI, and in the articulation of business requirements.
• Uncover meaningful insights that will help drive great design
• Leads development of Customer-Centric creative briefs through inputs from Marketing, Creative, Product, UX, CX, Consumer Insights and Site Merchandising teams.
• Leads the analysis of research to formulate a hypothesis to inform the creative prototyping.
• Leads the translation of research and consumer feedback into creative and strategy recommendations.
• Builds strong relationships with and influences stakeholders and senior leadership. Communicates project status to stakeholders and design teams regularly.
• Drives improvements in team efficiency and overall process. Puts repeatable processes in place to optimize the planning and management of multiple parallel projects.
• Anticipates bottlenecks, makes tradeoffs, and balances the business needs versus technical constraints. Escalates as needed.
• Monitors projects on an ongoing basis, evaluating and reporting progress and quality of work, managing issue resolution, and taking corrective action when necessary.
• 5+ years of experience applying Design Thinking or user centered design methods.
• Robust and diverse portfolio featuring human-centered experience design work that led to positive business outcomes
• Strategic thinker with the ability to balance strategic need and project goals with creative process
• Analytical thinker, able to identify and mitigate risk on projects
• Background in design that may include visual communications, product design.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
• Strong operational skills with ability to provide guidance, when necessary, to ensure successful conclusions, and able to identify workflow gaps and provide possible resolutions
• Effective leader who builds a collaborative work environment and proactively addresses team issues
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Advertising or related field preferred