- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
We're looking for a Operations Support Program Manager to join the Business Operations team and take the lead role in managing some of Philanthropies’ most important work. This position will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of high-quality customer experience and support to our nonprofit customers, controlling risk across the operations of the team and in the integrity of Nonprofit customer transactions.
Success in this role requires a strong background in Operations, Program or Project Management. It requires collaboration across most team members within Philanthropies and a customer-obsessed approach to working – customers both internal and external. The ideal candidate is a systems-thinker and problem-solver, is creative, motivated, and personable, capable of building strong relationships, and has a strong drive for results.
• Partner with Global Talent and Acquisition team to manage hiring process for Content Services organization
• Manage and oversee required training for Content Services organization including running reports, sending notifications and tracking compliance
• Partner with the Chief of Staff to support monthly ROB communication strategy
• Manage and track organization headcount and resourcing process
Skills and Qualifications/ Minimum Qualifications:
• 1- 3 years of experience in Program Management or Business Operations
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to adapt and change with the needs of the organization and business
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, have excellent attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines.
• Successful candidate will have a growth mindset and exhibit company's culture attributes and values
• Demonstrated strong capabilities in the areas of cross group collaboration, organizational agility, analytical thinking and communication skills
• Strong organizational skills and excellent execution and follow through skills
• Ability to drive projects in a highly matrixed environment
• Ability to build strong partnerships globally across organizational lines
• Adapt to change rapidly in response to business conditions
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.