- Remote (PST Hours)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
The Retail landscape is undergoing a digital transformation. Omni-channel is an expectation and no longer a differentiator. We’re creating the tools to optimize the back-office operations and empower the retail workforce. We’re mixing in AI driven insights to bolster the data available to everyone and all systems involved. We’re reimagining commerce across all customer touchpoints from modern physical storefronts to digital marketplaces on devices of all shapes. We’re dedicated to unlocking the potential in all retailers to ultimately engage every customer, everywhere. And we’re just getting started.
We're growing, and we'd love for you to be a part of our story! Come join a positive and collaborative team—where everyone is encouraged to bring their authentic selves—and work at the forefront of our product portfolio.
You’re a UX leader and tenured designer who loves to learn, solve challenges, dream up, and implement breakthrough ideas. You've worked on multiple similar projects already, ideally in retail or online shopping and you're looking for a new adventure. You’re a tireless advocate for the customer—enthusiastic about building and iterating on designs to discover what works best and applying your knowledge to create incredible software products. You're passionate about your interests, and you want to work on projects that will change the world for the better.
You understand how to bring a team together to solve difficult product and customer problems, fixing what's not quite right and smoothing the customer’s journey through the product. You to find ways to reduce the number of screens, remove the extraneous, drive users to the next screen or next step, and shorten the path to “Wow!”
You’ll work in a focused team collaborating with fellow designers, program managers, engineers, and our Store marketing team. Bouncing ideas around, formulating plans, and charting the path forward is your jam as much as any solo design time.
You're fluent at communicating with product managers and developers as well as influencing your team and studio to simplify, integrate, and co-create successful customer experiences that work together. And you’re comfortable influencing others around how we all want the same thing, what that thing is, and why you think the team has landed a solution that will help make our store an excellent and easy shopping experience that customers will love.
You bring these things to the role:
• A unique ability to create UX strategies and solutions from the customer point of view
• Team collaborator who delivers highly usable and compelling customer experiences
• Disciplined user of research data and insights to drive decisions and measure success
• Self-starter who plans and executes work with minimal support
• Deep understanding of UX’s role in the application development process
• Comfortable with ambiguity, know your strengths (and weaknesses), and have a point of view
• Possess a decisive bias toward action
• Proficient at influencing for impact
• Evangelist of UX among partner teams to raise product quality
• Experience with responsive design and cross-device interfaces/inputs from mobile, tablet, desktop, TV and game console.
• 7+ years of combined product design, enterprise UX, or relevant agency-side experience. (e-commerce experience highly preferred!)
• Passionate curiosity for UX and UI
• Inclusive design is embraced as a challenge, not a limitation
• Bias towards simplification of information architecture
• Understanding and applying customer feedback, research, and telemetry to the design process
• Research and usability testing
• Business acumen
• Collaborative partner
• Effective storytelling
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.