- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lucas Manzaneres
Large Media and Entertinment brand in Century City, CA is seeking a UX/UI Designer to join their team as an internal systems designer. This is a 6-month opportunity with the possibility of extending. Candidates must be local to Los Angeles, but will work remote until Covid restrictions are lifted.
Our Client's Consumer Platforms & Engineering Design team is the internal creative agency setting design and brand direction for their digital products. They are responsible for the user experience and visual branding of a wide range of digital platforms (iOS, Android, web, tvOS, Fire TV, Xbox, Windows) for sports, news and entertainment apps in North America. The team oversees all phases of the design process, from concept to design production and works closely with a brilliant team of product owners, engineers and business owners to apply strategic design solutions or insights to delight core users.
We are looking to add a UX/UI Designer (UX/UID) focused on content management system (CMS)/web-based tools design. This role is focused on delivering high quality UI & UX solutions for the complex interfaces and workflows that support video services. Reporting to the UX Lead and working with product managers, tool operators and business owners, the UX/UID will primarily focus on our live operation tools, supporting immediate and long term needs.
As a UX/UI Designer, you are proud to be part of a tight-knit family of designers creating beautiful, effective and user-centered applications. You are energized to work alongside technical minded folks; relishing the beauty of data, and you love creating clarity out of complexity. You have a passion for UX and UI design. You value teamwork that delivers user-focused experiences driven by business goals. You feel magical when you complete research, execute wire frames and polish every UI detail in your work, adhering to design systems and standards as needed. You are effective at rapidly iterating on short term solutions while shaping a long term vision. Feedback and collaboration fuels your growth as a designer.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evolve the design of web-based tools that drive our video platforms.
- Collaborate with design, product and operational teams to support the needs of operators (tool end users).
- Align with and extend our Design System Vision, to create and refine patterns that can be repurposed.
- Produce effective and well organized design deliverables ready for developer hand-off.
- Execute user flows, wire frames, visual design and prototypes to define and describe detailed user journeys, interface interactions and expected UI behavior
- Support and help lead research; interface and feature audits, user analysis, user testing, user interviews, persona definition, quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
- Articulate and present UX design concepts and solutions with clarity and efficiency
- Author UX/UI requirements providing experience and functionality documentation for developers and product owners
- Collaborate and align with external design vendors.
- Value the importance of experience design; advocating for the end user’s needs at all times.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4-6+ years of experience.
- Strong knowledge of Visual design and UI/UX principles.
- A portfolio of UX/UI work that showcases your design process, problem solving skills and capabilities.
- A [blinding!] passion for designing data rich, complex interfaces supporting unique workflows. You set the bar very high when it comes to data design.
- Desire for growth; familiarizing with the tools, users and their needs to solve complex workflows challenges.
- Mastery of design tools such as Sketch, Abstract, Adobe Creative Cloud (XD, PS, IL).
- Strong knowledge of prototyping software such as Figma, InVision, Lucid Chart.
- Strong experience with tracking and management software tools like JIRA, Confluence, Quip.
- Understanding of usability testing; test plans tools such as User Zoom or UserTesting.com.
- Understanding of digital video technology and industry trends.
- Proactive and motivated. You can follow direction and process but thrive on creating change for the better.
- Effective time management; defining ideal workflows alongside project management to prioritize your workload
- Experience building tools for live operations (live linear video, video games, gaming, etc) or large CMS systems
- Experience with entertainment, news or sports networks/content.
- Experience working with application development teams.
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands for News, Sports, Network Television and local Television stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers