- Mountain View, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gavin Freeman
This team is looking for an experienced communications manager to support the development of a new in-house comms team and provide ongoing content writing, editing and management support across the program and company channels (Help Centers, email, tickets). The role of the Communication Manager involves partnership and collaboration within Operations, and also with teams outside of the program and across the company. It covers communications throughout the lifecycle from major change mass communications to special communications campaigns to ad hoc and one-off comms that arise day-to-day from the team. This role includes content strategy, creation, and editing to encourage contact avoidance, to address pain points for users/clients, to improve the experience people have with Ops and the extended workforce, and to make sure people are getting the info they need where and when they need it. There is a lot of collaboration with teams in the temp, vendor, and independent contractor spaces for how-to guides, training decks, surveys, user help centers.
- Communications Strategy & Management:
- Managing the day-to-day comms for Operations in collaboration with the team
- Creating communications templates and processes, creating a consistent Ops voice
- Running analytics on comms campaigns
- Cleaning data for send lists Content Creation
- Management & Strategy:
- Creating (in collaboration), updating and editing team and manager training materials
- Creating, drafting, editing, and sending the Ops Report quarterly
- Writing, editing and maintaining Ops Extended Workforce Help Center Sites
- Collaborating on, writing and editing new materials for Ops
- Pulling analytics and optimizing for the Help Center and communications touchpoints (Ops Newsletter)
- Special Projects (Project Management):
- Project planning and management Research (focus groups, surveys, best practices) and writing
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Creating presentations
- Creating, developing, executing new projects that contribute to the overall goals of Ops from a communications and knowledge management perspective
- BA/BS degree (Manager is open to the area of study - Communications preferred).
- 3 years of experience in writing and corporate communications.
- Advanced HTML effective written and verbal skills, with the ability to write in the Company Voice and with tact and diplomacy.
- Strong partnership and stakeholder management experience with an ability to influence without authority and across multiple teams.
- Creative problem-solver, with the ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects autonomously and in an organized fashion, balancing the long-term and urgent needs of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and collaboratively in fast-paced and ambiguous environments, maintaining good judgement and the ability to escalate appropriately.
- Customer service experience, knowledge of Google Docs/sheets.
- Ability to create pivots and other data tables.
- Proven experience in Salesforce Marketing Cloud
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.