- Remote (PST Hours)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
Our design and research team is working on the forefront of new experiences for our customers in search, maps, advertising, and news. We collaborate in a customer-driven environment where our decisions are grounded in responsible design, creating experiences that make the web a better place for every person and organization on the planet to achieve more. If you’re passionate about technology, have a knack for creative ideas, and lead with a growth mindset, we want to hear from you.
In this design studio, we have several design teams working on a variety of search segments. We are in need of a UI/Visual designer to support one of them, Maps. This candidate must have strong visual design skills. They would be reporting to the Maps and Local design lead and working closely with the team designers. Performs some aspects of the following work: Design interaction flow and "look and feel" of features across desktop, mobile, and tablet. Development of visual design concepts referencing our visual system and interface guidelines and sharing those with the visual system designers. May implement or design prototypes and assist with presentations. May cross-collaborate with other design teams working on shared ideas.
• 3-5+ years of UI/UX and work related experience required.
• Have a good understanding of UX (user experience, web, and mobile interaction patterns). Strong visual/UI design skills.
• Proficiency in standard design software (i.e. Figma).
• Excellent communication and project management skills required.
• Ability to work under constant deadline constraints is required.
• Must have the ability to understand technical issues and communicate information effectively.
• Proficiency in current and emerging web technologies (e.g. HTML, CSS) is a plus.
• Ability to discuss and present an in-depth knowledge of typography is important.
• Portfolio review required. Bachelor's degree in HCI, Design, Graphic Design, Industrial
• Design or related area required. A combination of education and experience may substitute for a Bachelor's degree.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.