- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Aquent is looking for a Digital Marketing Consultant for our Fortune 500 client in Columbus, OH. This is a full time, 12+ month opportunity with potential to extend longer term and offers full benefits - medical, dental, 401K.
The Clients' advisor blog was created to be a brand-building resource with a digital-first approach to attract advisors through valued, highly visible thought leadership content and comprehensive insights to help them provide more effective outcomes for their clients. A blog is central to a content marketing strategy. 80% of B2B Marketers use blogs to distribute content and name blogs as the second most effective format, following email. The objective of the advisor blog is to:
• Increase SEO site authority and visibility of the Clients' domain through high-quality content that links to related content and earns social sharing engagement
• Centralize our most timely and relevant digital content across paid, earned, and owned channels to drive deeper engagement
• Enhance the reputation of Clients' experts and spokespeople directly to advisors through a digital platform that humanizes our thought leadership and subject matter expertise
This individual will report to the Director / Manager, Digital Marketing and lead and/or participate in initiatives across Clients' Financials’ value-add programs, building brand awareness for our blog:
• Experience with blogs, blog contributors, posts and reporting.
• Collaborating across functions to develop and execute digital content marketing for our Advisor Advocate Blog
• Help provide business blog contributors with solid blog content strategy, giving blog readers a legitimate reason to read and subscribe.
• Blog editorial requirements include basic SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
• May also support third party digital content marketing placement initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
• Identify potential new ways to promote content on the blog.
• Must have strong verbal and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate with all levels within the company as well as with outside vendors.
• Must have previous blog experience. B2B preferred.
• Experience with Trello and Word Press a plus.
• Must have agile marketing mindset.
• Experience in the Financial Sector preferred.
Strategic agility: Ability to see the bigger content placement picture to amplify the digital brand experience, and analyze; adjust and adapt direction as circumstances change, and recommend new resources, models and innovative ways to create value for the company and our partners
Story telling: Creates stories that connects emotionally, understands the content message and needs to craft an experience that stands out, connects personally and compels action. Experience optimizing content for web, whitepapers, social and blog. Ability to understand key messages/message map and point of view/positioning. Basic understanding of SEO, content structure, distribution and measurement. B-to-B marketing experience is a plus.
Problem solving: Learning mindset that seeks to understand audiences, topics and content performance. Ability to analyze market needs and opportunities, mine for data, identify key learnings and determine implications to influence effective marketing strategies. Always aware of new distribution methods (including digital, video, social, voice, etc.), understand the options and how to leverage them appropriately.
Project management: Understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of reach, engagement and conversion. Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to effectively direct teams and drive initiatives to successful completion.
Building partnerships and collaboration: Ability to build and leverage networks, establish trust with subject matter experts and partners, and collaborate across business unit/functional areas to meet strategic objectives and achieve mutually beneficial outcomes.
Industry familiarity: The ideal candidate will be familiar with the financial services industry and the complexities of its products and distribution and understand how the economy, financial markets and regulatory trends impact investors, their advisors and firms, and product providers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree. Proven track record of problem-solving capabilities in a complex and highly regulated business or industry. 5-7 years of experience in marketing, sales, strategy, and/or product development.