- Dallas, TX ; San Francisco, CA ; REMOTE
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
About the role:
Our client reaches more than 1 billion people with a dynamic house of media brands. We connect people to their passions through trusted content, connections, and commerce.
The Commerce team is looking for a Product Design contractor to join the team breaking new ground to create seamless commerce experiences through social and next-generation media formats such as AR/VR.
In this role, you will leverage your passion for frictionless design experiences to create transformative, intuitive, and engaging shopping experiences across our client's brands.
We work collaboratively with our cross-functional partners in engineering, product, and research to shape the experiences that are used by our customers around the world every day. No one product or team works on its own. We consider the entire ecosystem when crafting new features, content, immersive experiences and platforms. When all of our products and teams work in unison to serve customer needs, passions and problems, we bring more value to their lives and our own. Each builder plays a part in our success.
We are looking for a Product Design contractor to join our client to work on e-commerce projects, products, and initiatives. Product designers collaborate with partners to define the vision for new features, while owning and driving the craftsmanship for every interaction and visual design detail.
- Turn broad, ambiguous user and business challenges into clear, valuable and joyful solutions
- Connect user research and data insights to design decisions at every stage of development
- Incorporate best practices across multiple platforms and device types
- Collaborate on a design system that supports design and engineering processes
- Mentor and give feedback with humor, patience and compassion to teammates and cross-functional partners
- Draws on all aspects of product design—information architecture, multi-step flows, motion—to build holistic experiences
- Delivers consistent, polished and balanced layouts, through typography, color and visual hierarchy
- Uses prototypes as a foundational piece of your design process both to identify appropriate solutions and influence partners
- Solves user problems in creative ways that go beyond obvious, expected solutions
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence when interacting with teammates and other co-workers
- Presents designs clearly and confidently to facilitate useful feedback while shifting approach based on the audience and desired outcome
- Takes initiative and accountability for timelines and results
- Contributes to the design community both inside your company and beyond
- Desires and takes action to grow professional skills.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in design or human-computer interaction; or equivalent experience
- Portfolio that demonstrates expertise in visual design, interaction design, prototyping and product thinking.
- Experience leading a user-centered design process from end-to-end.
- Proficiency in software to create design concepts, prototypes, assets and specifications.
- Skills such as illustration, photography, animation, data visualization, conducting user interviews, front-end programming or data science are a plus!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.