- New York City, NY
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gavin Freeman
Our client is looking for a new UX Researcher to join their team! For this position, we are looking for individuals with a qualitative or a mixed-methods background (experts in both qualitative and quantitative methods) and who bring an understanding of how to integrate diverse sources of insights.
The right candidates will be effective communicators who have done rigorous, creative, impactful primary research, who are knowledgeable about product design, passionate about understanding people, and comfortable in a flat, fast-moving, collaborative organization.
Day to Day:
- Work closely with product teams, as well as other researchers, to identify important research questions
- Conduct research using a wide variety of methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that fuel ideation, evaluate designs, or shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with many stakeholders including product management, data science, design, engineering, and marketing
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
BA/BS, Human Behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science)
4+ years of experience in applied product research
Experience with qualitative and user-centered design methods (individual and group interviews, diary studies, direct observation, think-aloud usability testing, etc.)
Effective communication skills with experience presenting to diverse audiences
Extra Skills Preferred:
MS/PhD, Human Behavior related field (HCI, Psychology, Social Science, Information Science, etc.)
Experience with quantitative research (survey design, response effects, sampling, crosstabs, and statistical concepts, etc.)
Knowledge of quantitative, behavioral analysis and statistical concepts
Experience using SPSS, SAS, R, MATLAB or similar statistical packages
Experience with applied statistics
For this TOP social media company, people are at the heart of every connection they build. They design products and deliver services that bring the world closer together—one connection at a time.
Defined by their unique culture that rewards impact. They encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. They work in small teams that move fast and iterate to develop new products. Together, they help others build stronger communities—and they're just getting started!