- Remote - EST or PST
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
Due to COVID-19 and its impact on the market, this role will start remotely though anticipates returning onsite in person as the restrictions are lifted.
- Plan, write, publish, and maintain high-quality technical documentation aimed at internal engineering audiences
- Work with PMs and UX researchers to identify critical user journeys and design information architectures that help customers through those journeys
- Organize existing documents, identify documentation needs, and spearhead efforts to fill in gaps and improve coverage and quality
- Collaborate with engineers, PMs, T/PgMs, and UX specialists located in multiple locations, including SVL, NYC and ZRH
- Occasionally help edit other written collateral, such as product roadmaps, newsletters, job postings, academic publications, etc.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Edit content submitted by engineers to conform to client's TW style.
- Create and publish new content for discrete projects.
- Review content submitted by engineers.
- Meet with engineers/PgMs to help address documentation questions for discrete projects
- Mandatory Bachelor's Degree in English or CS
- 4-5 years experience in developing, structuring, and designing content that is concise and clear
- Ability to research, develop and test content independently
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Self-starter who takes initiative and delivers results
- Adept at establishing relationships and alliances with engineering teams
- Excellent writing, analytical and communication skills
- Good understanding of markup languages such as HTML, Markdown
- Knowledge of SQL and C++ is highly desirable, and experience with SQL scripting a major plus
One thing we know is that this client, as big as it is, is still setting the standard for not only the product they’re turning out, but for the way they conduct business.
Our client is the global leader in technology, with offices in many major cities. As different as those cities are, you can expect that the personality of each office is the same. Commonalities include bringing people together in the physical work space, outlets for creativity (outside work-related exercises), and a setup for brainstorming on the fly, whenever the opportunity strikes.
What they see in your resume, if you’re selected, is your ability to be an autonomous thinker, and a team player; someone focused, and driven to push the envelope who can also let down their guard and have fun with the team while doing it; someone who has the intellectual capacity to challenge even the most innovative thinkers without the hubris that tends to accompany it. No egos here!
Here, everyone is considered a project owner, and expected to give 100%, even when the path forward isn’t necessarily clear.
Work here, and know you’re working with a Forbes #1 rated company.
Work here, and know you’re setting the pace for digital products globally.
Work here, and find the challenge of your career!
And in case you’re afraid you won’t have time for other things, you’ll be able to take advantage of:
Fitness center access
Discounts on things like dry cleaning and oil changes
Convenient commuter shuttles
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.