- Seattle, WA; Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gavin Freeman
Come join a diverse and collaborative team of researchers who work to deliver human-centered insights that shape the future of the company. Within our team, research spans every step of the product life cycle, from understanding people’s latent needs before we build products, to assuring the products we build deliver world class user experiences, to measuring the impact of our products once they are in use. For this position, we are looking for experienced individuals who will help elevate the practice of research with creative but rigorous qualitative and/or design research methods. The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about product design, passionate about understanding people, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, open-minded about learning new skills and methods, and focused on influencing the future of our company.
- Work closely with product teams and other researchers to identify research questions
- Act as a thought leader in domain of research, advocating for people who use our products
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes, using the right methodology for the right questions
- Generate insights that lead to short-term product improvements and inform longer-term product strategy
- Work cross-functionally with design, product management, data science, content strategy, engineering, and marketing
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- Maintain our team's high standard of rigorous research and high quality deliverables
- MA/MS in a human behavior related field (e.g., HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Communication, Information Science, etc.)
- Experience with qualitative and/or design research methods (e.g., interviewing, heuristic evaluation, usability testing, participatory design, diary studies, persona development, user journeys, empathy maps, etc.)
- Experience with storytelling and/or creative presentation of research insights to broad audiences including product stakeholders, conferences etc.
Preferred Additional Qualifications:
- Experience with quantitative research methods (e.g., survey, log data analysis, statistical methods)
- Experience conducting research with small business owners, non-profit organizations, public figures, and/or online content creators
- Experience conducting research responsibly with marginalized people
For this TOP social media company, people are at the heart of every connection they build. They design products and deliver services that bring the world closer together—one connection at a time.
Defined by their unique culture that rewards impact. They encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. They work in small teams that move fast and iterate to develop new products. Together, they help others build stronger communities—and they're just getting started!