- Los Angeles, CA
- Job Terms:
- DOE + Benefits
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Jennifer Torrens
Large Media and Entertainment brand in Burbank, CA has four (4) openings for an Administrator on their Video On-Demand Distribution Services Team. All roles will be remote until Covid restrictions are lifted. Roles are slated to go through the end of 2021 and could extend.
The Administrator, VOD Distribution Services will be responsible for the servicing and distribution requirements for digital and multiplatform servicing related tasks required to fulfill distribution deals for Television Media & Entertainment Distribution departments for the brand. This position reports to the Manager, Distribution Services. As a primary executor of daily workflows for internally insourced digital servicing activity, a successful candidate in this role must have the ability to self-motivate towards meeting short- and long-term asset tracking, scheduling, and processing deadlines, while collaborating with his or her peers and other Partners to ensure on-time delivery of compliant content. The administrator will interface with internal partners such as Media Services, Broadcast Operations, Engineering, Marketing, Programming, Sales, and Post Production teams to provide assistance and customer service to various MVPD clients including Comcast, ATT, Dish, Hulu, YouTube TV, as well as our own Disney internal sites and streaming video applications. Both day and swing shift positions available, with flexibility to work overtime and holidays as needed.
- Accountable for executing the daily workflows for servicing television content to streaming platforms, cable/satellite MVPDs, and internal sites and apps.
- Coordinate and track media acquisition, ingestion, closed captioning, metadata aggregation, and distribution of servicing elements for multiple areas.
- Assist in tracking and communicating client delivery issues, both internally and externally, including packaging and Aspera delivery issues.
- Analyze and resolve technical issues related to digital content encoding and transcoding along with associated delivery and transport mechanisms. Troubleshoot discrepancies and resolve them effectively with internal and external partners.
- Daily supervision of inventory tracking and scheduling systems. Monitor, track and update (when necessary) status of elements for distribution.
- Liaise with various internal business partners including: Programming, Sales, Engineering, Affiliate Relations, Marketing, and others to obtain all information and associated metadata required to fulfill servicing orders accurately and timely.
- Assist Management in collaborating with other members of the Distribution Services team and Media Services team to ensure that Non-Linear servicing is operating as efficiently as possible, eliminating overlap.
- Assist Management in identifying areas for process improvement and fulfilling various projects as necessary. Provide, when required, research and reports on digital media delivery volume, procedures, and functions.
- Seek opportunities for skill development and technical training as technology, workflows and best business practices constantly evolve.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years of media distribution or operations experience at a post vendor, studio, television network or digital video platform
- Experience with media distribution to VOD, and SVOD platforms and an understanding of nonlinear workflows & technical specifications.
- General understanding of descriptive metadata and digital packaging, including artwork
- Studio, Broadcast/Cable television, or Post Production house experience is preferred.
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Microsoft Excel super user, and data analytic skills very preferable
- Ability to prioritize work according to business needs, in a highly-organized manner
- In depth knowledge of audio/video file formats, metadata XML, film formats, frame rates, video resolutions, aspect ratios, audio configurations and terrestrial delivery technologies.
- Experience with media processing tools and asset management systems
- Understanding of production and post-production workflows and best practices
Four shifts available for four positions:
Please make note of what shift you are interested in
M-F - 7 am - 4 pm
M-F - 4 pm - 1 am
M-F - 9am - 6 pm
M-F - 9am - 6 pm
Required Education: AA degree preferred, but not required
• Why Aquent?
- Highly competitive salaries: commensurate with experience
- Insurance: Excellent medical benefits with premiums largely subsidized by Aquent
- 401k Plan
- 24-hours Paid Sick Leave in CA
- Perks & Discounts at leading major retailers