- Remote (PST Hours)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tova Dodge
Senior Technical Artist
This innovative AR/VR/MR Studio in a large tech org designs inclusive environments that promote creative exploration and builds productivity frameworks that allow Design to operate at the peak of efficiency
and effectiveness. We are looking for a customer-focused Senior Technical Artist to help us live at the intersection of technology and art,with the aesthetic skills to understand what needs to happen, and the technical skills to
make it so. Our team's vision is to create professional, seamless, and friction-free experiences that enable our customers to work less and accomplish more.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will have the following responsibilities:
· Executing the artistic vision of the project and applying your experience directly
to the creation of solid artist-driven workflows, automation tools, content
pipelines, and asset management that are vital for the design team to deliver
highest quality industry content.
· Work in multiple areas of the design team and be able to understand the needs
of each unique area.
· Responsible for identifying, implementing, or inventing the correct technical
approach to be able to render the Creative Director’s vision on target.
· Be a positive and creative force in the team.
· Responsible for working with and seeking feedback from peers and leads.
· Proactively share information with the technical art staff across the organization
to improve the craft and accelerate growth.
· Provide unique solutions to improve the creative process in a collaborative
· Support the content creation teams with tools, workflow, and pipelines to aid
generation and implementation
· Guide creation of smooth pipeline from outsourcers to game engine
· Create task lists & estimates as well as milestone documentation
· Responsible for meeting project deadlines and milestones.
· BA/BFA in visual arts, computer science or equivalent industry experience
· 10 + years Technical Art experience working with Unity or an equivalent engine
to design user interfaces for games, interactive experiences, or apps
· Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills
across multiple disciplines - this role works with developers, designers, and
· Agile, flexible, and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of incubation work
· Collaborative and self-motivated; able to partner effectively with others while also
making smart, strategic decisions and working independently
· A fundamental understanding of digital art processes and production – how do
· Deep understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content
development for both current-gen and mobile platforms- able to devise the
highest visual quality solutions within aggressive performance constraints and
working knowledge of performance analysis tools.
· Proficient with various professional 3D software packages for asset content
production (ex: 3DSMax, Maya, Houdini, Modo, Motion Builder, Zbrush, Mudbox,
· Working knowledge with 3D Asset modeling and UV creation as well as
· Coding, workflow tools and script authoring experience that has reduced the cost
of in-house or outsourced content production and pushed creative iteration.
· Experience with coding optimized HLSL shaders for high end consoles
· Tool development in C++ and Python
· In depth knowledge of software and real time lighting and texturing techniques
· Experience with performant real time Visual Effects and Post Effects
· Designed a User Interface in a Virtual or Augmented Reality product that has
· Motion Design – You can bring intimate objects to life
· Mobile App Development – You have created great experiences within the
technical confines of a mobile platform
· Experience with middleware content pipelines a plus.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.