- New York, New York
- Job Terms:
- Posted By:
- Dove Ryan
Our client is seeking a talented Senior UX Designer to join their team to help radically enhance their web and mobile app experience by improving usability and intuitiveness in their products and platforms. Using your UX skills to understand psychological patterns from a wide range of customers through data and research and illustrate concepts through various wireframes, user flows and digital design schematics. If you enjoy a challenge, solving problems, evangelizing UX, Design Thinking and the excitement of being part of a fun, new emerging startup making waves, this is the position for you.
Role and Responsibilities
- Solving problems and bringing business ideas to life, through sketching, wireframing, prototyping, designing, testing, and writing (multiple fidelities).
- Helping your team deliver valuable experiences to our customers, even if it means tackling non-design tasks on occasion.
- Sharing your expert knowledge with a design team that wants to develop their skills to be the best in the industry.
- Evangelize user-centered design principles, standards and best practices across user experiences.
- BA/BS degree in graphic design, communication design, human-computer interaction, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience participating in the full product development lifecycle of web, mobile, and/or software applications.
- 7+ years’ work experience as a user experience designer or similar role in a related field.
- Experience in financial services or similar industries where the goal is to build simple user experience for complex (ideally regulated) tasks.
- Experience working in cross functional Product and Engineering teams.
- The ability to understand customer needs, motivations, and behaviors and translate them into deliverable tasks.
- Experience creating design artifacts such as (but not limited to), wireframes, user flows, user journey maps, design comps, prototypes.
- Working with and/or building Design Systems.
- Effective user research skills (user interviews, usability testing, recruiting, analysis).
- Good presentation and listening skills, ability to communicate user needs and design rationale to key partners outside of the design team (such as business, legal teams).
- Ability to manage time, prioritize design and research tasks, and work within deadlines with minimal supervision.
- An intellectual curiosity and hunger for continuous learning in the industry.
- Optional experience in Agile, Design Thinking, Lean UX or Lean Start-up methods.
- A sense of humor.
- You demonstrate a clear and compelling design sense grounded in empathy and thoughtfulness.
- You demonstrate to others ‘how’ and ‘why’ user experience decisions are made
- You have a powerful impulse to improve existing user experience, invent new experiences, and perform better than their competition.