- Seattle, WA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Shawn Sharp
We’re looking for a VFX Artist to help create professional, seamless, and friction-free experiences that enable our customers to work less and accomplish more.
- Create amazing, high quality real-time visual effects and shaders that push the boundaries of Mixed Reality experiences.
- Responsible for identifying, implementing, or inventing the correct technical
- approach to be able to render the product vision on target.
- Work collaboratively with Artists, Designers, and Engineers to create beautiful effects that offer creative solutions to design challenges and create wow moments for the users.
- Create high quality real-time visual effects that adhere to the project's aesthetic vision without sacrificing performance.
- Work with Creative & Technical teams to develop the project's visual effects language.
- Create task lists & estimates as well as milestone documentation.
- Responsible for meeting project deadlines and milestones.
- Executing the artistic vision of the project and applying your experience directly
- to the creation of solid artist-driven workflows, automation tools, content
- pipelines, and asset management that are vital for the design team to deliver highest quality industry content.
- Keep up with the latest trends and technical tools for developing visual effects and inspire others through knowledge sharing.
- Able to work within a group as well as autonomously.
- 7+ years’ experience working with Unity or an equivalent engine to design visual effects for games, interactive experiences, or apps
- Expertise in creating best-in-class real-time shaders for Unity.
- Deep understanding of the technical requirements of real-time content development for both current-gen and mobile platforms.
- In depth knowledge of real-time lighting and texturing techniques.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational, and collaboration skills across multiple disciplines - this role works with developers, designers, and artists.
- Agile, flexible, and comfortable dealing with the ambiguity of incubation work.
- Proficient with various professional 3D software packages for asset content
- production (ex: 3DSMax, Maya, Houdini, Modo, Motion Builder, Zbrush, Mudbox,
- Photoshop, C4D, etc.)
- Working knowledge with 3D Asset modeling and UV creation
- Tool development in C++ and Python
- Experience creating advanced real-time visual effects, utilizing particles, static textures, animated textures, lights, post processing, materials, meshes and shaders.
- Excellent composition and sense of scale, timing, detail, form, texture and color.
- Designed visual effects in a Virtual/Augmented Reality experience, or AAA Game
- that has shipped.
- Mobile App Development – You have created great visual effects within the technical confines of a mobile platform.
- Experience with middleware content pipelines a plus.
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.