- Remote - Must work PST
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Erika Fematt
AQUENT is looking for a customer-focused Technical Designer who is passionate about working at the forefront of innovative customer and enterprise Mixed Reality technology.
Our work is motivated by our customers to empower them to achieve more and to delight them with high-value experiences. As part of our team, you will help to define and inform compelling new ways for how we can empower and delight them and for how to unlock new experiences and capabilities offered by our cutting edge Mixed Reality technology. For this, you must feel comfortable to cut through ambiguity to generate results and to constantly push for feedback to enable insight-driven iterative and rapid interaction prototyping. We value creativity, cross-team collaboration, and a passion for turning science fiction into science fact.
As a Technical Designer, you will help us to rapidly prototype new ways to interact across the Mixed Reality world. Based on discussions with Designers, Researchers, Developers and other team members, you need to be able to quickly turn ideas into interactive prototypes that we can test and further iterate on. This requires great communication skills to clearly communicate expectations and to ensure that the ideas and associated prototyping efforts and alternatives are well understood by all parties. It also requires strong technical and problem-solving skills and the ability to think outside the box. We strive to transform our powerful and complex technologies into experiences that customers will love.
As a Technical Designer you will have the following responsibilities:
- Rapid prototyping of interaction and UX explorations in Unity (or an equivalent MR development environment).
- Prototyping of multimodal input designs that synthesize the world around us, leveraging visual, motion, sound, tactility, ambience, and natural interactions.
- Great sense of user-centered design: Clarity about the anticipated value of your solution to specific users or use cases.
- Conceptualize and develop innovative controls & patterns that work across 2D & 3D experiences.
- Think outside the box when technology constraints require design compromises.
- Help develop and refine UI pattern libraries and interaction guidelines.
- Create sample apps and documentation against the work you do.
- Collaborate with cross-discipline peers to solve technical and creative problems.
- Demonstrate and communicate clear expectations for quality of work, productivity, communication, and professionalism with the team.
- Work with Designers, Producers, and Developers to define and meet key milestones as well as create task lists and work estimates.
- Be a positive and creative force in the team.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent practical experience) in Computer Science, Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field.
- Proficiency in designing and rapidly iterating interactive prototypes in Unity (or an equivalent MR development environment) based on new interaction concepts elaborated in a team effort.
- Track record of rapidly turning low-fidelity concepts into interactive prototypes and continuously iterating on them based on user feedback.
- Great communication skills: Ability to synthesize input ideas from the team, clearly articulate early concepts based on that and share out input explorations, insights and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways.
- Fundamental understanding of User-Centered, Mixed Reality and Multimodal Interaction Design.
- Proficiency and demonstrated professional experience with multiple programming languages – in particular C# (and C++).
- Portfolio highlighting your innovative and elegant interaction and visual design work – demonstrating your process for moving from an idea to low- and high-fidelity prototypes.
- Developed several mixed reality apps using our open-source “Mixed Reality Toolkit”.
- Familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms.
- Experienced with designing multimodal input for Mixed Reality experiences.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects that require fast iteration and pivoting.
- Ability to develop your own input hardware prototypes that work with Unity (or an equivalent MR development environment).
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.