- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Tara Carr
In Mixed Reality, people—not devices—are at the center of everything we do. Our technology blends the physical and digital world to unlock the next evolution in human, computer, and environment interaction and unlocks possibilities that before now were restricted to our imaginations. It is made possible by advancements in computer vision, graphical processing power, display technology, and input systems.
Our ideal candidate has a passion for language excellence and can write flawless English content. They will be quick to learn and fast at ramping up on new products, features, tools, and processes. They like taking on big challenges, are flexible and creative, and understand the beauty of keeping things simple. They will thrive in an environment of change, enjoy problem-solving, and have experience working to deliver collaborative as well as individual results.
Mixed Reality is looking for Services Technical Writers, who is fit for one of the following roles:
• Writes tutorials for services targeting AR/VR/mobile hardware, creating, and connecting conceptual documentation to tutorials they create.
• Writes about sample applications, helping unblock developers/designers from using a sample application.
• Writes docs for end users & IT pros seeking to subscribe to SaaS/PaaS offerings
• Write and edit content for customers and developers
• Collaborate with Program Managers and Engineering teams to co-author content
• Collect information and connect with SMEs to turn ambiguity into words
• Provide suggestions for documentation improvement
• Motivate contributions across engineering teams to increase documentation output
• Troubleshooting issue root causes which are complicated further in an environment with multiple builds on multiple platforms using various SDK versions
• Strong attention to detail
• Relentless drive to deliver high quality results on time
• Initiative to solve problems and thrive in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to track, manage and prioritize multiple workstreams in progress at any given time
Potentially Required Qualifications
o in a services environment (SaaS, PaaS)
o with Unity, Unreal, or another game development engine.
o with developer platforms
o writing tutorials and/or sample applications with code
• Creating end user, developer, or IT pro documentation
• A minimum of 2 years of technical writing experience with at least four years’ experience in a software development environment.
• Outstanding English-language writing skills and verbal communication skills.
• A high tolerance for ambiguity and change.
• Sales-like outreach abilities to collect information
• Writing samples required
• Experience working with git, GitHub and mark-down for content management and authoring.
• Experience with at least one of: writing documentation or training content for Unreal, Unity, Windows Mixed Reality devices, other VR devices, or commercial and enterprise technologies
• A bachelor’s degree in technical communication, English, journalism, or other communication-related study.
• Experience in a customer support / service role
• Experience working with VR/AR development
• Gaming industry experience
• Experience with C++, Unity, Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Windows SDKs, GIT, Visual Studio, Azure DevOps (or any combination thereof)
• 4+ years program management or software engineering experience
Our client is a large technology company based in Redmond, Washington with a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. They develop computer software, consumer electronics, personal computers, and related services. This company enables digital transformation for the era of an intelligent cloud and an intelligent edge.
Working here, you will be part of a company that values:
- Diversity and inclusion
- Corporate social responsibility
- Trustworthy computing
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.