- Menlo Park, CA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Gavin Freeman
We are looking for someone to join the AR Team as a Technical Artist. This AR program is responsible for a growing portfolio of AR experiences ranging from AR filters to 360 immersive backgrounds, to social AR experiences. Our goal is to create compelling, well-crafted, and technically cutting-edge AR experiences. As a Technical Artist, you will be involved in every aspect of the content development process, from conceptualizing new experiences to designing incremental features and capabilities in our products.
- Partner closely and lead the engineering and design teams in defining and developing content
- Design, manage, and maintain the pipeline from artists and designers through to deployment
- Optimize content through enhancing performance and instructing the artists and designers on asset creation, modeling, and texturing best practices
- Manage the technical animation pipeline including developing Maya tools and plug-ins for rigging and animation, and hooking up animations
- Develop broad technical expertise to assist in a wide variety technical and artistic tasks
- Quickly solve issues with cross-functional leads
- Thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environment
- 5+ years of professional studio experience working as a Technical Artist in the gaming or film industries.
- A link to an online portfolio or demo reel showcasing relevant work is required (Include link on your resume). Portfolio should demonstrate strong technical skills as well as a keen eye for design.
- Experience implementing 2D and 3D assets in real-time engines, such as Unity3D or Unreal.
- Experience with a range of content creation software such as Maya / Blender, Photoshop, Zbrush/Mudbox, Substance Painter
- Shader authoring experience
- Experience in real-time content authoring (characters / environments / VFX / animation / lighting)
- Experience in shader languages (glsl, Shader Lab, hlsl)
- Experience in pre-rendered CG techniques (modeling, rendering, lighting, animation)
- Experience in SparkAR, SparkSL or other augmented reality environments.
For this TOP social media company, people are at the heart of every connection they build. They design products and deliver services that bring the world closer together—one connection at a time.
Defined by their unique culture that rewards impact. They encourage people to be bold and solve the problems they care most about. They work in small teams that move fast and iterate to develop new products. Together, they help others build stronger communities—and they're just getting started!