- Remote (US only)
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- March 2021
- Posted By:
- Amy Izzo
Aquent’s banking client is in the early stages of building a design strategy group from the ground up within its experience design studio.
They are seeking a Strategic Experience Designer to work with this strategy team on innovation projects. The ideal candidate will have background that draws from diverse design disciplines such as industrial/product design, service design, environmental design and architecture, systems thinking, visual and interaction design.
In this role you will dive deep into the customer experience to uncover needs and pain-points to shape new product offerings and experiences (both in and outside of the digital space).
What you’ll do:
The Experience Designer (Strategy) will work closely with the Creative Strategist to create designs in collaboration with their core team of strategists, researchers, designers, and program managers.
· Drive cohesive and consistent designs forward from initial discovery phase concepts through to implementable design documentation.
· Knows how to turn insights into recommended design solutions across digital, physical, and multi-channel touchpoints.
· Think through and design thoughtful experiences given a variety of inputs, including market/domain research, customer insights, business goals/requirements, and best practices
· Easily generate human-centered design artifacts and deliverables such as user personas, customer journeys and experience maps, flows, storyboard and concept design sketches, schematics, interactive prototypes, and visual designs
· Ability to prioritize tasks and outputs, while identifying areas for client/teammate collaboration
· Works with team to plan the design scope and timelines for specific initiatives
· Work with Key Studio Designers to expand design systems, as needed
· 5-7+ years with a background that draws from diverse design disciplines such as industrial/product design, service design, environmental design and architecture, systems thinking, visual and interaction design
· Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing user needs
· Excellent communicator and storyteller with demonstrated ability to take stakeholders on a design journey (and that helps sell the ROI of design)
· Strong portfolio that demonstrates a breadth of experience across a range of industries, end user types, and final output form factors
· Experience working in a fast-paced environments and familiarity with agile product development practices
· Agency experience strongly desired
We are looking for a confident Experience Designer (Strategy) who has a proven track record helping drive design solutions (both in and outside of the digital space) to execution, enabling partners to achieve desired business outcomes and strategic objectives. You’ll be a self-starter with a pioneering spirit; resourceful and able to take ownership quickly and reliably. You’ll be an entrepreneurial problem solver and a strategic thinker. You’re a knowledgeable evangelist for Human-Centered Design and creative processes. You regularly practice out of the box thinking and know how to balance it with practical solutions. You’ll have great verbal and written communication skills and be able to confidently engage with partners and stakeholders to build relationships and rapport. Mostly importantly, you’ll be a team player with the ability to easily collaborate and co-create with teammates, clients, and leadership.