- Washington, DC
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Chris Woodbridge
Our large nonprofit in Wash, DC is seeking an experienced Project Manager (Benefits Strategy) for a long term role in Washington, DC.
• Manage vendor conducting broad landscape analysis of key public and portable benefit areas to insure deliverables provide the needed baseline data to prioritize opportunities and create roadmap
Visualizing a Strategic approach to assisting members to understanding Benefit programs and getting key perpectives on these programs.
• Gather, synthesize and distill large amounts of information on benefit programs from multiple sources into easily consumable frameworks, key insights and recommended priorities.
• Map ecosystems and key stakeholders (internal and external) for priority benefit programs; represent findings visually to show interconnected relationships and systems.
• Conduct stakeholder interviews across the enterprise to document existing knowledge and perspectives on benefit programs; distill into key insights and takeaways.
• Document organizational strengths and limitations, and collaboratively determine how these should focus our work and can be leveraged for greatest impact at scale.
• Build the team’s understanding of how the field of benefits is evolving through a landscape/market scan and connecting with external thought leaders.
• In collaboration with internal thought partners, lead development of narratives, frameworks and/or models that connect the Clients' work to both internal strategic objectives and external narratives.
• Conduct research (e.g. interviews, surveys) with older adults, identify themes/insights, and develop journey maps that inform the benefits roadmap and program decisions
• Develop design principles and/or attributes that should underpin the Clients' work across all benefit programs.
Skills & Experience
• Strong project management skills, including creation of a detailed project plan, managing scope and competing priorities, ability to work collaboratively or independently and resolve issues as they arise
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to craft clear, concise messages for specific audiences. Comfortable and experienced engaging with individuals at any level of an organization
• Experience on multiple projects leading primary research (e.g., interviews) and secondary research (e.g., literature reviews, market scans), performing qualitative analysis to identify themes, creating frameworks (e.g., journey maps) and synthesizing findings for project stakeholders
• Significant experience applying analysis tools/frameworks such as stakeholder analysis, asset inventory, SWOT, service blueprint, business model canvas, journey mapping
• Strong sensemaking skills, with the ability to distill large amounts of data into actionable information and to develop nuanced recommendations that take into account the needs of both potential program participants and the organization
• Experience managing vendors and external relationships
Design 2 - 4 Years
Project Management 2 - 4 Years
Consumer Research 2 - 4 Years
Analysis and Synthesis 2 - 4 Years
Oral and Written Communication Skills 2 - 4 Years
Relationship Building 2 - 4 Years
Market Research 2 - 4 Years
Strategic Planning 2 - 4 Years
Our client is one of the largest non-profits in the US, with a very user-centric vision and a strong social mission. This organization dedicates its efforts on increasing membership with a strong focus digitally, via social media, and digital marketing. The vibe is collaborative, fast-paced, and overall, passionate. The people who work here live and breathe the organization’s mission of enhancing the quality of life, and championing social change.
Work here and:
Help target memberships now and into the future to develop products specifically targeted to those relatively new to the workforce
Have your voice be heard. Our client prides itself on considering the input of all involved in projects
Work with fellow freelancers who know that they’re working on projects designed for the betterment of communities
Work on national campaigns that are targeted by community
Work with others who are interested in outreach and volunteerism
Our client has made customer engagement a priority and is interested in all candidates who are passionate about it as well.