- Boston, MA
- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Lindsay DesRochers
*Applicants must have a MINIMUM of 4-years, iOS and/or Android and enterprise experience to be considered*
Job Title: User Interface Designer - Native App
Job Location: Boston, MA, Cumberland, RI or New York, NY (remote to start)
Salary/Pay Rate: Competitive w/ full benefits
Firm, non-negotiable: No
Duration: 1-year & ongoing (potential to convert to FT)
Our Fortune 10 Healthcare client is looking to hire a UI Designer to be a part of their diverse Digital Health Services team.
This Digital Design team creates easy, accessible, and seamless experiences for our customers on our digital healthcare, pharmacy and retail platforms. Achieving this goal requires collaboration with teams of UX and UI designers, researchers, content strategists, engineers and product managers throughout the design process — from strategy to pixel-perfect design. At each stage, you will advocate for our customers and ensure that the final product meets user needs.
• This person will be responsible for designing user interfaces and visuals for native and responsive web platforms
• Work alongside UX designers, researchers, engineers and product managers to ensure that we’re solving the right problem, the right way
• This person will work within our UI Kit and brand style guide to deliver high quality, polished user interface designs, assets and specs
• Conduct design reviews and confidently communicate decision-making rationale to team members and stakeholders at all levels of the organization
• Coordinate and partner with engineering to handoff designs, provide specifications and QA support through to launch
• Groom features and plan sprints with team members within an agile process
• 5+ years as a UI, interaction, product or digital designer with a focus on user centered design
• Strong portfolio demonstrating creative problem solving with excellent attention to detail, mastery of typography, color, iconography and spacing
• 1+ years’ experience conducting stakeholder reviews of UI design solutions
• Demonstrable experience designing for both web (desktop, mobile) and native (iOS, Android) platforms
• Ability to take a strategic design approach factoring in user research, user test findings and technical capabilities to inform the user interface solution
• 2+ years experience producing designs for large-scale, enterprise products in an agile environment
• Experience with iOS and/or Material native UI guidelines and patterns
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills
• Lean/iterative mindset; be open to adapting in order to meet customer and business needs process
• Expert knowledge working with Sketch and Invision
High School diploma required
- Makes it their mission to guide people toward better health
- Is considered by Fast Company to be amongst the most innovative companies
- Is listed by Forbes as one of the world’s most admired companies
- This includes altering the products they offer at retail to more health-conscious offerings!
Our client has recently made a move toward a major merger, which means this is a great time to get involved! Two big industry brands coming together.
Working here gets you into a fast-paced environment, with tons of cross-functional working relationships. You’d have exposure to a number of teams related to any project you’re working on, and we sometimes see freelancers convert to permanent employees on teams they’ve had the opportunity to interact with. This is definitely a standout opportunity!
WHY YOU WANT TO WORK THROUGH AQUENT:
We care about your CAREER GOALS.
- We offer resume & portfolio review + interview prep. You'll feel set for success!
- Learn for free: https://thegymnasium.com/
- Who is AQUENT: www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z-n8nfytuM
- Pay it forward: https://aquent.com/rewards/
Working with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things, including:
- Subsidized health, vision and dental benefits
- Access to Fidelity 401(k) and FSA Program
- Direct deposit for your weekly paycheck
- Check our Benefits out. Up to 85% subsidy