- San Francisco (REMOTE/PST hours)
- Job Terms:
- max hourly rate $27.27
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- Anne Baesemann
We are working with a leading retailer to bring on a Junior Production Artist. This position can be done fully remote but work hours will be PST.
To be considered for this opportunity, you should have a design portfolio that highlights your production design background preferably within the retail space.
Contract role slated for approx one year.
This position will be responsible for the creation of print-ready final artwork and mechanicals for marketing materials. Key requirements for this role include expert knowledge of current design software, a strong working knowledge of various printing platforms and prepress techniques, the ability to solve problems and communicate effectively with business partners, as well as a strong sense of design to support conceptual development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Create ready to produce final artwork and mechanicals for creative elements.
• Maintain personal daily and weekly production schedule
• Actively participate in creative / production handoff meetings
• Maintain responsibility for projects from creative hand-off through final delivery
• Adhere to mechanical quality standards and proofing / sign-off procedures to ensure error-free deliverables
• Participate in the review of internal and external proofs
• Maintain the integrity of the creative concept throughout the production process
• Create mechanical mock-ups for proofing purposes
• Adhere to naming and back-up procedures to ensure proper archiving of digital assets
• Deliver final artwork to business partners and /or suppliers via FTPStrong or Webdam
Our Client is an Fortune 500 Apparel Retailer that has grown from a single store to a global business throughout its 46 year run!
Talent placed here are given the autonomy to be hands-on decision makers from day one. The company's leadership assumes a supportive role and applies a collaborative management style, offering the guidance and insight to help transform your suggestions into strategies.
This is an environment where co-workers are constantly challenging each other to learn and grow in their roles every day, which energizes the office, and creates forward motion, both on a personal level, and as a company. They’re experimenting with their digital reach, using tech as a catalyst for industry change - both online and in stores. With such robust focus and investment on innovation, employees have the opportunity to directly contribute to the changing landscape of the retail world!
The company culture here is one of relaxed, inclusive community with an ever-present focus on learning and development - both for the individual team member as well as the projects and initiatives that are driving the company forward. And, with tons of cool volunteering opportunities and initiatives, employees have the chance to become influential community leaders as they work for positive change.
• Minimum 3-5 years experience (Agency or RETAIL space)
• Portfolio showing Production Design/Design/PrePress (working knowledge of printing platforms)
• Strong working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (CS6)
• Experience with creating layouts with multiple languages
• Uncompromising attention to detail and maintenance of the highest degree of quality
• Working knowledge of printing platforms (Lithography, Flexography, Screen Print, etc.)
• Pre Press / Printing experience is desirable
• Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and manage time
• Design sensibility, coupled with the desire and skill to be strong creative partners
• Strong listening, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to apply past learning to present situations
• Constant drive to gain additional knowledge to improve skill set