- Job Terms:
- Start date:
- Posted By:
- James Ward
Yes, Our Client Are Hiring Design System Managers! The good news during these challenging times is our globally recognized Fortune 100 brand continues to build their in-house UX Design Team and would like for you to join the movement.
This one year freelance role (with opportunity to extend and convert to full time/staff) is for Design System Manager/Lead currently remote for a NY based client (downtown 1 New York Plaza), 40 hours a week, healthcare benefits provided, 401K, 5 paid sick days, more.
Our client shares, they take people’s well-being and enjoyment at work seriously which is why they put a strong effort on creating a creative safe space for people to share work and ask questions that will help them grow individually. You’ll be encouraged to bring your own perspective in conversations, and our client will amplify each designer’s strengths for career growth.
What You Will Do:
- Our forward-thinking client is seeking an exceptional Design System Manager/Lead to provide design guidelines, philosophy, and direction and to evolve the Design System for the Advisor Facing Platform and consumer facing audiences.
- In this role you will report to our Product Design Lead/ Creative Director and lead a centralized design system team, collaborating extensively with engineers and product owners.
- You will implement a Design System and its ongoing evolution based on usage, project need and client
feedback. Once here you will partner closely with UX leadership to create design consistency across the platform, manage UI backlog, assigning tasks, and ensuring project goals are achieved.
- Continue to evolve and refine a design language that resonates with internal clients, establish, maintain and promote UI design guidelines, best practices and standards, promote inclusive design; designing for equity and accessibility (ensuring WCAG 2.0 Level AA compliance)
- Form strong partnerships with engineering teams to create frictionless design implementation and maintain processes tools for UX/engineering team to utilize our design system.
- Review in-flight designs with UX leads for design system implementation and iterations to the system
- Inspire, motivate and promote continual creative improvement and actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability, and advocate design to product.
What You Need:
- 5+ years’ experience as a key member of a design team, 2+ years as a Design System Manager with proven results in leadership and cross functional collaboration.
- Experience refining design aesthetics and can confidently communicate clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to keep work on schedule
- A keen understanding of usability, interaction design, visual design, software front-end development, and platform trends, fluent in responsive design, mobile/tablet UX/UI.
- Experience working in financial services or comparable industries; designing digital products that help to clarity complex data.
- Demonstrable management experience leading an internal team and partnering with outside agencies (communication of project status, priorities and stages of design to product teams).
- Your portfolio should show clear examples of scaling a design system across a dozens of digital products
What is it like working with Aquent? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with Aquent gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health and dental benefits after your first four weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs./wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck
- Access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!); free online courses via Aquent's Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills: http://gymnasium.aquent.com
- Aquent support: your Aquent Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you're happy and progressing according to your expectations (we're also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you're close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume to: email@example.com